NIE Application for Canadians

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has experience filling out the NIE application. I realize there are a number of topics regarding this subject but cannot seem to find the answer I am searching for.
my question is: How do I fill out section 3, "Address for Notification Purposes" if I do not have an address in Spain? I am applying for a working/holiday visa and plan on travelling a little there first. I do not have a job offer but will look for work when I am there. Can I leave this section blank?
any assistance is welcomed.

Thank you!

I do not know if you must have an NIE to apply for your visa,  if not why not just wait until
you arrive in spain ?

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.
I wouldn't agree but have read on multiple sites/blogs that I first need an NIE and then i can apply... it's all very confusing.

Have you thought about applying for a Schengen visa?

All you need to know can be found HERE.

I know you were looking for information regarding Hungary, please note that Hungary is NOT in the Schengen Zone.

Schengen area countries. Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Isn't this visa for tourists to travel freely?
I am referring to a work holiday visa.

Thanks!

I know one can apply for a tourist visa or a work visa but I thought for a work visa one needs to have been offered a situation.   in that case one could use the future employer's address.

For s tourist visa one of course does not require an NIE.

I would be surprised if one could apply for a visa to come to seek work, which appear to be what you are hoping to do.   (There are many Spaniards who cannot find work so high unemployment levels).

smarkin wrote:

Isn't this visa for tourists to travel freely?
I am referring to a work holiday visa.

Thanks!

If you look at the LINK I gave you, it gives all the information needed.