Documents to go back to Canada

Just wondering if we are missing any other paperwork so I can take my Vietnamese wife and our 4 months old son (born in Vietnam) back to Canada. When we go to the airport to check-in do we need any other document or we have it all.

Booked our plane ticket for August 10 2018. End of June we got an email from CIC for her to sent in her Passport.  This week we just received her passport with Canadian visa stamp on it and Permanent resident paper.  I just picked up my son Canadian passport from the Canada Embassy. We are waiting for his Vietnam passport and should be done buy Thursday next week.

Thank you.

Congratulations for having obtained residency for your wife :-) When my ex wife arrived from Vietnam a few years ago she only needed her Canadian VISA in her Vietnamese passport (with valid dates of course) but she still brought some translated paperwork like marriage certificate, just in case they'd ask more questions.

Also, be careful with the name you'll choose for the PR card, as it will be the official name she'll need to use on most paperwork in Canada. You know how chaotic things can be with Vietnamese names which are reversed order from ours.

Thank you.  It is a long and alot of hurry a wait for her paper.  I am more concern about my son paper work.  I have his passport and we applied for his Vietnam passport already.  We should get it next week.  Just wondering if we missing anything for him to fly with us?

A Vietnamese friend of mine who lives in Canada but has a kid in Vietnam (and another, the brother, in Canada!) told me that it could be easier for the kid to get out with a Vietnamese passport especially if it's his first time getting out (no problem getting in with his Canadian passport) but it's just hearsay so hopefully someone with direct experience can answer you.