Offer Letter to be given on Landing in Riyadh!!!

Hello Everyone:
I wanted to understand what policies do different companies in Riyadh have in respect of sharing a consolidated offer letter.

I have accepted to work for a medium sized (Saudi family onwed holding company). I am scheduled to fly this weekend. However, I have just received a page from the company which they called an offer letter (having my details of salary and probation period). I asked for a consolidated offer letter which would have all other policies mentioned in it. But they said that it would be given to me once I am there in Riyadh. Is this the norm there?

I would prefer to know all the rules and regulations before joining the Company instead of landing there and then signing on the dotted line. Please advise me!!!

Regards:
Pravz.

you should get it before landing - this is what i know unless this company has another policy, but anyway the idea is that you should understand every thing before coming.
Good Luck

Definately get it before you fly!!!

There are a few horror stories of people who have not got what they were verbally promised!!

Hello SaudiUK:
I have a one pager but does not have a more comprehensive letter which I need to sign when I reach there in Riyadh. I have asked for it categorically a nd many times but they refuse to pass it on. I wonder why is that happening?

Dont know what I will be doing now?

Sounds dodgy, as most reputable companies will send you the complete contract.

Can I ask what sort of visa you are coming to Riyadh? is it a business visa or work visa?

I was told a work Visa. I will get my passport tomorrow  and will know for sure. I went in for my medical examination etc here in India before the Visa stamping.

hope you realise that whatever you agreed to verbally has no weight. It has to be in black & white.

What would happen if you came here and the terms on the final contract were different???

Remember that due to the sponsorship system, you wont be allowed to change employer.

I think you need to weigh up your options.

I dont understand why they cannot email you the final contract.

Different companies have different policies, housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, inflation allowance, holidays and bonus etc...there is no one common standard.

Thanks SaudiUK:
What you said makes a helluva sense, I shall insist on the offer letter that I would be signing upon in Riyadh.

Regards:
Pravz.

Thanks Timeflute and SaudiUK:
I have decided to let the offer pass by me. Thanks for helping me decide.

Regards:
Pravz.