Family fun in Brazil during school holidays

Hello,

School holidays are fun for the kids, but parents often struggle to find ways to entertain them when they have just moved to a new country. Share with us some information about keeping the family busy during that time of the year.

What are some of the favourite activities in Brazil that families can enjoy together?

What types of activities are more popular (indoors, outdoors) for toddlers, young children, and teenagers?

How do you balance work in Brazil while the children are on holiday?

Are there any resources such as youth centres or expat children communities, that offer activities for children during the holidays?

How do you plan your holidays with the family in Brazil?

Tell us about your best family adventure in in Brazil? Is there a bucket list of must-do activities? What are they?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Important: Where can growing city children come into contact with nature and animals in a safe and memorable way?

A new trend in family vacation destinations.

http://www.facebook.com/yourparadisefoundhttps://nl.airbnb.com/rooms/12358053

Hi Priscilla

I know how you feel. I am a mother also and I face the same situation.
In my case I'tried many things: from daycare to visit places all over the city so here goes some tips:

SESC is an amazing place to go with children and you have it SESCs all over the city. For those who just arrived Sesc  is a public cultural center very popular in São Paulo. (Theather, arts and crafts workshops, musical, children games and plays activities, exhibitions, etc) Most part of events are free (or just a few reais) and divide it by age: babies, children, adults and senior. Just check their website and search for the nearest sesc at your neighborhood.

Daycare:
Nowadays it has became really popular in São Paulo a type of daycare only for playing, apart from the traditional school model. They provide different cultural activities during the day plus lunch & snacks and you can pay per day, week or month. Normally its a house with professional ppl from the educational area. I know some near Pinheiros e Butantã area: Oficina Brincanto, Casa Cuore and Pé de Baraúna.

Bichomania and Petzoo are two different places with the same proposal: a mini farm with farm animals and play area. I prefer Bichomania (just google the name) because its bigger and nicer.Both are located 1 hour driving from São Paulo center and the road its pretty good (Rodovia Raposo Tavares). Its definitly something worth visiting and spending the day

Ski Park in São Roque city
Its a family park with many Children activities and skiing in fake snow, restaurant, nature and outdoors. Located in São Roque (1 one hour and 20 minutes away from sp city) its fun and also worth visiting during tge weekend. If you go there also check "rota do vinho" (wine rote) online. São Roque is famous for its wine and its possible to go to the wine makers and taste it. Also great restaurants around this area.

Good luck

facebook.com/yourparadisefound

Daniel101 wrote:

facebook.com/yourparadisefound

Daniel, please add some useful information to this thread. A link to a nice resort is not helpful. Write something about it, where it is, why should we go there, etc...