Income tax - difference between thetax, berekenen etc

I got my first job in the Netherlands with a salary of 52800 yearly and benefits that include :

16 000 retirement contribution
4 000 OV card

Today I received my first pay slip and it was a bit of a chock for me. The salary is 4400, tax has been deducted 2200, making it 50 percent!

When I check below websites with a salary of 52800 it gives the following tax

Thetax: 33.00%
the30ruling: 33.18%
blueumbrella: 33.00%

I contacted HR who says the using the following website

https://www.berekenen.nl/inkomen/loonhe … /resultaat

The only fields I change are the date of birth to 01-01-1985 and salary to 52800. It gives me a tax of 50.61%.

This is a huge difference, which one is correct? When I talked to HR they only said "the taxes are this high in the Netherlands". Am I calculating it wrong for the first 3 websites because I dont add my benefits? Although, I dont add them for berekenen either.  I dont know Dutch, are there any fields I need to fill in?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Sorry, but I don't understand your question:

jtaxi wrote:

Today I received my first pay slip and it was a bit of a chock for me. The salary is 4400, tax has been deducted 2200, making it 50 percent!

The only fields I change are the date of birth to 01-01-1985 and salary to 52800. It gives me a tax of 50.61%.

This is a huge difference, which one is correct?

I don't see a "huge difference"

Personally, the overall tax looks about right to me, but I don't know your personal circumstances.

Apart from this, are you enjoying Holland?

I've removed your identical post.

Cynic
Expat Team

Cynic wrote:

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Sorry, but I don't understand your question:

jtaxi wrote:

This is a huge difference, which one is correct?

I don't see a "huge difference"

Personally, the overall tax looks about right to me, but I don't know your personal circumstances.

Apart from this, are you enjoying Holland?

I've removed your identical post.

Cynic
Expat Team

30 plus degrees, who is not enjoying Holland? :)

There is a big difference between the calculator found at berekenen and the following: thetax, the30ruling and blueumbrella. 50% compared to 33%. Which of these is correct?

I'm referring to the numbers you quoted.  However, my thoughts are largely irrelevant; if you think there is an issue, my advice is to speak to a tax consultant; online reckoners are part of your problem, consulting more of them will not solve your problem.

In my very personal experience, thetax.nl seems good. Indeed none of these websites can give you a very exact amount to the levels of cents, but the error in my case is just a few euros.

With 4400 euros gross per month and standard tax-rate (no 30% ruling), I think you should get around 3000 euros net per month. Indeed there is no guarantee on that and you should contact a tax consultant.

The difference between the results was that for I was calculating 52800 in yearly income and 52800 in monthly income and as the results were in Dutch I found no figure that out quickly.

Glad I did not contact a tax man for this :)

So, was your employer right in the tax calculation?

The problem was, as I did not have a BSN, they automatically put you in the highest tax bracket. On the salary I received a couple of days ago, the tax was much lower, as I provided a BSN.

Thanks - that's useful information for future guys asking the question.