Hi all new to this visa and work permit help

Hi all

I am currently living and working in the UK I have a UK passport. Due to expire Oct 13 2019

I am looking to move to Malta and would be alone I am 47 and am currently working in a warehouse I ran my own successful business for three years (nightclub). What I need to know is are there any rules that would stop me from working and living in malta.

Also where is the place to live on a modest budget to start out with.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks Roger

Until the Brexit point — no.
After — who knows...

no you can come and go as you please, i would renew your passport mind save hassle later on.

Thanks Gavherb

Could be of any help with regards the costings of living and employment rules please

Thanks Roger

i will personal message you as the expat police will just tell you to look through the forum  ;-)

gavherb wrote:

no you can come and go as you please, i would renew your passport mind save hassle later on.

I would not worry too much about renewing your passport as you can do it on line from here and they are usually received back in about ten days.

gavherb wrote:

i will personal message you as the expat police will just tell you to look through the forum  ;-)

The reason we tell people to read previous posts it is pointless to keep giving out the same information, it also makes sense to read up on the subject before asking.

can you get your renewed passport sent to malta ? i thought it had to be a UK address ?

gavherb wrote:

can you get your renewed passport sent to malta ? i thought it had to be a UK address ?

It's never been that way. You can renew your passport anywhere in the world and it will be sent to the address you give them.

It use to get printed to your nearest location, but a few years back they closed all the foreign offices. They are all now printed and sent from Liverpool, UK. As already stated you new online.

gavherb wrote:

We did ours earlier this year and surprised how quick it took, friends here have done the same.

GozoMo wrote:
gavherb wrote:

We did ours earlier this year and surprised how quick it took, friends here have done the same.

Takes 10 days to 2 weeks. They do say may take longer in peak times. But I've only seen it take 2 weeks at the latest when delivered Europe.