Temporary residents permit non working permit

Hi to everyone I went into renew my temporary residents permit for myself and wife today and we were asked by the clerk how long we were in residence in Montenegro in the last 12 months and he told us that if we were less than 11 months in a 12 month period that we would have to reapply with the full requirements to make the application as the law was changed in April of this year.
This means now that you will need
1.Bank statement with money in account approximately 3000 Euro
2.Police clearance from your own country
Insurance cover
3.House ownership documents not more than 6 months old.
4.Tourist white card
5.Copy of Passport
If your wife is looking for temporary residents card they will also need your wife's birth certificate and marriage certificate.

Hi,

I am planning to get a temporary working and living permit. I am surprised to see your message. I was told to stay in Budva for some amount of time is not necessary. Now I am upset.

So how did you manage the situation??

Regards,

JerfiR

HI Jefir,
             The temporary residence you are looking for is different to mine as you are looking for work and I am looking for non working residency as I am retired and own a property in Montenegro .The problem for me is that as I don't live in Montenegro for 11 months of the year I must reapply with all the documents every year as I was told a new law was brought in April this year .
I would think that the 11 month rule will also apply to you but you need to check it out.
Regards

Sorry I got your name wrong Jefir

No problem, you got it wrong again lol

I will be setting up a company but will not operaye immediately and am not planning to live in Budva in the near future. I will be checking the housing and business options then move permanently.

Can you advise anyone I can contact in Budva to check this? I do not trurt the company I am currently working to start the company :(

Try Ekonomik in podgorica.  They were my accountants before I changed to retirement visa.  They are really good.

Yes! Ekonomik in Podgorica are the best in Montenegro!

Thanks they were so helpfull :) They even sent me a copy of the Foreigners Law free of charge.

Hi everyone. I am thinking of moving to Montenegro in the next 6 months. I plan to do this by purchasing property and getting temporary residence renewable later. Can anyone guide me on issues to consider

Taxes that I will incur in purchasing property.
Are there any types of taxes to pay after purchasing the property such as annual taxes for owning that property. and other tax types such as tax on renting out your property?
or any other taxes that I did not mention.

Also, as a temporary resident, are we allowed to work there or perform any business activities such as a run a small business .

Does anyone know a trustworthy agency to help me with finding a suitable property and then with the process of buying property and getting residency permit.

Hi is it possible for you to share with me the copy of the Foreigners Law on my email please ?

I WILL :)

Can u put a link for the foreigners law plese

Would be much appreciated if you share that new law please.

If think this is the link to the Foreigners Law.

https://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&s … 4828174003

Hi,

Hope you managed to get your visas renewed despite the new rules about the duration of being in Montenegro.

How did you go about the application? I've been advised to apply via the Ministry of Interior, but is there a form to fill in, or do you make an appointment to go and present the documents? Did you take out expat health insurance for the application?

Thanks in advance,

Dayna :)

Hi Dayna,
                 Just in response about temporary residents card .
I am not sure if you own a property in Montenegro or if you are intending on working in Montenegro as the requirements are different for both applications.
But I can give you some information.
The application is made in the nearest MUP, Municipality office to where you are staying .
If you check out previously listed posts on which ever application you intend to make you will see the documents that are required.Hope this can be of help and if you don't find any information let me know.
Regards.