Travel Documents

I am a third country national married to an EU citizen. I have a family residence card in the country where my husband is a national of. I just would like to ask if I can travel with him to Ireland without a visa? If so, what documents I need to show at the border? Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You're describing the Schengen visa scheme; unfortunately, Ireland is not a Schengen signatory, so you may need a visa.  This link will take you to the Irish government website that can help you further.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

No, I'm not referring to a Schengen visa because the country where I have a residence card is not part of Schengen zone as well.

nylenna wrote:

No, I'm not referring to a Schengen visa because the country where I have a residence card is not part of Schengen zone as well.

Then my answer remains the same, you will need a visa; the previous link is still relevant.

I already e-mailed the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service and this is their reply :

"Non EU/EEA Nationals who are family members of a European Union citizen and
holders of a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union
citizen” as referred to in Article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC of the
European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004, are not subject to
an Irish visa requirement.
Please contact the issuing authority for advice/guidance as to whether the
document/card you have comes within the definition of the Directive, as
implemented by that particular Member State. As there is no uniformity in
the wording of residence cards pertaining to the Directive across Member
States, it is for the issuing authority of each Member State to determine
whether or not it falls under the terms of the Directive."

Does this means that I don't need a visa anymore?

Whoever non-EU citizens here, which came to Ireland using only residence card from other EU countries, please share with me your experience.

Excellent, then you have an answer to your question; you just need to check that the card that you have meets the requirements they have stipulated.