Work Permit with driving misdemeanor

Hello, I am currently looking for work as an English teacher.  I have some great offers to decide on but I'm worried about my criminal check keeping me from receiving my work permit.  I have a misdemeanor from 2015.  It was a driving incident.  I already have my FBI background check with me and it shows on there.  Will they more than likely deny my work permit?  Can anyone give me some information?  I have done quite a bit of research and found a lot of conflicting information.

I can't see it being an issue. Unless, of course, you were driving a car full of stolen kids. Then that's a different matter.

I think they will just sh!tcan u and choose the next applicant

I can't think what kind of driving offense would show up as a criminal violation except a DUI or an accident involving liquor.    It sounds like nobody is responding by saying that they had the same and got a work permit.  I guess the only thing you can do is try it and see what happens.   It might sound unkind but if you could a) detail exactly what the violation was and b) report back either way what happens, it could be instructive.

Of course in the unlikely event that you had the funds to live without working for six months, you could use a Vietnamese criminal check.

I doubt a driving offense will stop a WP, best to ask the schools that you want to work for, they may have better information.