Bulgarian Medical Insurance

One of the requirements to get my Type D long term visa is to get Bulgarian Medical Insurance with a minimum coverage of emergency and repatriation of $50,000 for the period of stay.  (I do not really intend to ever have my remains shipped back or fly to america for an emergency )  I have a list of companies I found online but I need to know what companies are good for Medical insurance there and phone numbers that I can call

For my basic insurance I used Uniqa. It was just to meet the requirements, never actually used it as it really only covered extreme emergencies and expatriation. I found Bulgarian care to be cheap enough to pay out of pocket for. The uniqa foreigner insurance cost me around 80-90 lev per year or so.

Unless they have changed it, most D-visa applications do not require the insurance, but you are required to get it as soon as you land in country. There are insurance stands at the airport and most of the border controls to just get it then. (Or you can wait until you get to your destination and find an office). Most of the online companies offer the same insurance as the local companies, but for around 300-500 euro a year. No reason to pay that.

I cannot get through to UNIQA by phone or email

Contact us - Uniqa
Customer Service

Tel/ 0700 111 50

Monday - Friday:
8.00 - 19.00

Saturday - Sunday:
8.00 - 20.00

Email/ [email protected]