Marrying in Seychelles for foreigners

Hello everyone, my name is Nick and I am a Romanian citizen and my girlfriend is of Syrian nationality. We have been in a long distance relationship + seeing each other in Beirut, Lebanon for 2 years.

I managed to bring my my girlfriend (from Syria) on a visit visa in Romania. We are now in Bucharest. The only problem is that, in order to get married, we need the certificate of celibacy for her (we have ALL other documents). The document is ready and it is in Syria but needs approval from Internal Affairs there before coming to Romania to be approved at the Embassy here. That approval we will never get because of differences in our religions (she is Muslim - on birth certificate anyway - and I am Christian).

Basically we need to go to a country that we can both visit without too many complications and get married, a country that does not require any certificate of no impediment at the marriage office.

I read online and Seychelles seems to provide us with what we need in terms of getting married there.

Please some advice from someone with experience in this matter!

Thank you,
Nick

We got married in the Seychelles and I can assure you that they ask for all the documents in good order (divorce papers, birth certificate etc...) in the same way as the UK in order to accept marrying you. You also need to have been in the Seychelles for 10 days before you can get married as the bans will be published on the 11th day. I would advise you contact the Civil registrar office. You can find information at: http://www.ics.gov.sc/getting-married

Hi, do they ask for the letter of no impediment too?

Kind regards,
Nick

Best to call them and read the requirements on the link I sent you. They will tell you exactly what they need.

Hi,
if you looking for reliable advice, I suggest to contact an agency such a wedding-in-seychelles.com/contact/
Cheers, Peter