Private boat trip with dinner and drink...just expat! fri28.5.11

who is interested?

I rent private yacht with all comfort: air conditioner, toilets, surround syst., kabine and outside terrace
That cruise will cca 3 hrs. with dinner + some kind soft drinks
+ beer or wine include. Price 170 le

(also possible another snack and refreshments a-la carte)

Wow, this sounds cool. Do you have any idea how much it will cost per person?
I would love to come but still have to check my work schedule for this month.

would love to come
is it just expats?
what if an egyptian who has been living abroad

I would love to join in, especially if it's just expats, or majority expats. Please give us more info.

it sounds VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYY RACIST that u invite only expats .. you can say it in many other ways like for example "expats experience dinner in Egypt after the revolution"

but ONLY EXPATS is very racist ..

my apologies but some one had to point for that.

P.S. I know how the local people react to the foreigners .. but as I said u could have said in many other ways (polite) ..

I don't see any "racism" here. Expats are merely a group of people who are sharing a similar experience in life. They love their Egyptian friends and neighbors, but need that special connection with fellow expats from time to time. Please don't be offended by "expat-only" gatherings. :)

I agree- there are plenty of places we can go with Egyptian friends, and not so many to go to with people who share the experience of being in a foreign country.
I'm up for it if it's mostly expats- no racism- but that's surely the main point in an 'expat forum'

I guess this thread is going off-topic now :/ May be we shall concentrate on the initial topic please.

to amgad.sobieh - sorry, but I didn't find as races expat or locals. Isn't race right? We all expat live here between egyptians..we all daily dealing with egyptian life, culture etc....we all work or study with egyptians. So what is wrong have to share the time and experience just between us.

Hello mosu!

You are off topic! Can we concentrate on the initial topic as suggested above please?

Thanks and regards
Armand

Armad...its crazy...Im off topic coz someone here call me rasist and send me private msg about that too...just because I want organize some fun for expat. I thing was my mistake go to forum on this site.

Mosu,

If your thread was racist it would have been moderated and i think the majority of forumers didn't perceive any racism in it. If it wasn't well interpretated you can still explain yourself by private messages. Unfortunately some messages here are getting off topic and this will distract people from the main aim of the thread which is organising an event.

Regards
Armand

to all EXPAT, i hope to you a nice day, keep enjoy

if i can join

It could be great !!!

Still free for another 12 passengers now.

I thank everyone for there post, I could be an expat because I am American, but I could also be local because I am part Egyptian. to me Egypt is considered 2nd home coz I lived almost all my life in USA. I do feel like a tourist here since i don't know many of the places. Any way, I do not see any rasism in this, however I can see how people might feel "left out", which they translate into being offended. this trip is similar to inviting a group of people to your house for a party, you should have the right to invite the people who suit the occation, and that does not mean that the others are not good people. i think a good solution would be 2 trips, one for expats, and another expat/locals socializing event... anyway i would be happy attend either if someone invites me. :)

mosu wrote:

Still free for another 12 passengers now.

Any way this can happen again?  I missed it, I know but this would be awesome if this could happen maybe once every month, or every 2 months?  Will something like this happen again?

do you know expats are from many many different countries and backgrounds?  this is no way being racist!!  this means from time to time we need space away from.... the locals!  hope you recover from your complex :-))

amgad.sobieh wrote:

it sounds VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYY RACIST that u invite only expats .. you can say it in many other ways like for example "expats experience dinner in Egypt after the revolution"

but ONLY EXPATS is very racist ..

my apologies but some one had to point for that.

P.S. I know how the local people react to the foreigners .. but as I said u could have said in many other ways (polite) ..

This event was planned on 28.05.2011. Organizing another event would be great ! We invite you to start a new discussion about it. In the meantime, I close this discussion (which is becoming off topic)

Closed