Not happy dealing with the Egyptian Embassy in Washington. :(

What is it with government employees no matter what country including even US gov employees, that dealing with the public, being unfriendly and not helpful seems almost like it's a job requirement?!

I understand they get a lot of calls, and sometimes people that call, may have tons of questions, but why be rude to everyone that calls, not explain things enough for people to understand, and just rush them off the phone? I, myself, don't call with tons of questions whenever I have called them.

It's bad enough that you sometimes end up calling their embassy for days, and your call not being answered at all in those days, but even worse that when finally you manage to get a day where you get through to speak someone, they treat you like dirt, and like you have no right to call them with a question! I have seen tons of complaints on their website just like mine, and not just from Americans, but also from Egyptian citizens just trying to communicate, so they can know answers to some of their important questions. I looked on the website for a Q/A, but I didn't see one. That would help a lot if they did, and would also free up their phones more, because often times, a lot of people have just some basic questions.

Anyhow, I sent the documents they asked me for, and even sent them the paper with the seal from the department of state showing I have a legal Arabic translation of my divorce documents that was done here in the US, and I had to send also my English version to the department of state. The Egyptian Embassy sends back my documents with a letter saying I need both my Arabic and English version of my documents under one seal from the department of state. All I wanted to know is what do they mean by that? I only see one seal from the department of state about my documents, so I'm confused exactly what it is they're talking about.

Please if anyone on here, has any idea what in the world do they mean, comment below or contact me on here. Decent respectable answers only please, no sarcasm trolls. Things are very frustrating, as I feel at a stand still. I want to travel back to Egypt God willing next summer, and cannot until I have whatever it is their talking about done.

Also for the record I've been divorced since 2012, so just in case if anyone says about there being a 3 month waiting period I did read this, but it's been years now that I've been divorced, so I guess this should be good.

Contact another Egyptian embassy in the US if there is one, Google for honorary consuls, contact US Embasies in Egypt as they deal with this on a regular basis.

I was told, I have to deal with the Egyptian Embassy in Washington, because I live in Florida. Certain states are assigned certain Embassy's. I have tried before to talk to the American Embassy in Cairo, but the woman I talked to, wasn't able to help me much with anything. Only saying, I may just have to travel to Washington in person to the Embassy, and I just can't afford to do that right now. I want to head back to Cairo in the summer of 2019. An Egyptian lawyer is really expensive just like in US? Before I head over to Cairo, I want to make sure I have all the papers they are requiring, as my fiance and I went through almost all of the marriage process when I was there 3 years ago, but I didn't have my divorce papers translated, so they said we couldn't go further until those were done. I'm guessing I also need to get my baptism certificate translated, and certified of the translation through the department of state just like my divorce papers, and also send this to the Embassy in Washington. I sent all my translated divorce papers to them, after going through the department of state, yet they sent them back saying that the English version as well as the translated version had to be under one seal from the department of state. I don't understand what they meant, since I sent them the paper from the department of state with the seal on it validating the translated papers were done by a certified translator, and that the translation was correct.  I also sent them a copy of my actual divorce apostle in the English version, so I'm completely confused by what they are asking since they got both the paper with the seal on it from the department of state verifying that the translated divorce papers are authentic, and I gave them a copy of my English version of the divorce apostle. Whenever I've talked to them at the Egyptian Embassy, when I was finally able to get a hold of them, they just try to rush me off the phone not wanting to explain what they are talking about, and their English most of them I've dealt with is really bad, and so hard to understand. I feel like it's impossible to get anything accomplished that they want before I come, because of how they are, and then not wanting to explain things when you do get a hold of them. I've been together with my fiance now for three and half years as a couple, and was friends for five years before that. We want to just finally be married. :(

Are you planning to move to Egypt or will he move to the US?