Certificate of celibacy (Christian man and Muslim woman marriage)

Hello everyone, my name is Nick and I am a Romanian citizen and my girlfriend is of Syrian nationality.We have been in a long distance relationship + seeing each other in Beirut, Lebanon for 2 years.

I managed to bring my my girlfriend (from Syria) on a visit visa in Romania. We are now in Bucharest. The only problem is that, in order to get married, we need the certificate of celibacy for her (we have ALL other documents). The document is ready and it is in Syria but needs approval from Internal Affairs there before coming to Romania to be approved at the Embassy here.

To put everything in a few words, this document cannot be approved in Syria at the Ministry of Internal Affairs because she is Muslim (in the birth certificate anyway as in real life she has a different religion) and I am Christian.

In order to get her celibacy certificate, we would send baptism & birth certificates + blood tests; both originals and certified translations in Syria. There, the documents would be used to generate and approve the celibacy certificate.

BUT... everyone, even at the Embassy, lawyers etc... say that we do that and we wait for 2 months to get a negative response because of our difference in religion!!!

AND apparently everywhere in Romania (even other countries) they require that celibacy certificate for us to get married!!!

Basically, one way would be me converting to Islam, which we both would not prefer.

The other way would be to wait for the visa to end so she can apply for asylum in Romania. He refugee status would allow us ton get married without too many complications from Syria.

Please some advice from someone with experience in this matter!

Thank you,
Nick

Point of Order, please.

I assume this is simply a document that certifies you are "Single and Free to Marry?"

Hi JohnnyStLouis, yes you can call it that way. This document is well known as letter of no impediment as well as in 100 different other ways.

Do you have any experience with regards to our situation?

Kind regards,
Nick

The American government does not issue any such document. Good luck to you both.

Hello, we are in Romania... my girlfriend is Syrian. I am sorry but I don't see see the connection.

Kind regards,
Nick

Neither Indian government offer such certificate.Where did you read (or someone said) that you need that document ?

Epsilonn wrote:

Hello, we are in Romania... my girlfriend is Syrian. I am sorry but I don't see see the connection.

Kind regards,
Nick

I am not sure why you are asking the same question on so many different forums. You have been given a firm answer yet you wish not to take notice of it.

In the USA byou may be able to get something from individual States. Maybe other countries are like that.

We're English & need a certificate from the British Embassy to state that we are free to marry.We have to apply in person & then return a couple of weeks later to pick up the certificate (which expires after 3 months!)

If she is Muslim, she will not get this paper from Syrian authorities, because ccording to Islam she is not allowed to marry non Muslims.
The only solution to get this paper from Syrian authorties is that you convert to Islam officially, only in this case they would issue your such certificate.
NO other solutions.

Does Romania offer asylum to Syrians?
Does any EU country allow marriage without that certificate?