Where to live in vancouver

We are a family with two children - and a dog - who will shortly be moving to Vancouver when my husband relocates there with work.  We would love some advice about places to live that meet the following requirements:
- Family friendly and safe
-nearby parks (for children and dog!)
- easy commute to Downtown
- house with backyard (budget $1500 - 1800 per month)
Hope you can help.
Many thanks,
Stephanie.

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

Wish you good luck
Christine

You might be able to find a 2-bedroom apartment for that small amount of money.

Where in Vancouver to live? East Vancouver if you're foreign.

It will be VERY DIFFICULT to find a place to rent if you have a dog.

VERY. Nobody wants to rent their place to people with dogs. Period.

If you look through 25 ads, you will not find one that permits pets.

If you look through 100 rental ads, you might find 2 ads that allow pets.

Get the idea?

Hi Stephanie

My family are in a similar situation to yours, as we re relocating to Vancouver in August and are currently looking for a place to rent for a year or two.  I found this link useful to get an idea about different neighbourhoods - blocktalk.ca/vancouver/point-grey/

and this link gives a geographical view of where available flates to rent are - padmapper.com/search/apartments/British-Columbia/Vancouver/

We've got two kids aged 3 and 4, how old are yours?

Good luck - let me know how you get on!

Phil

It's not impossible to rent with pets - my advice would be to take pics of your pets with you at rental viewings to show the landlord. Some places which say 'no pets' might be approachable - you don't know till you ask.
Good luck.

Hi Stephanie !

I was also new to the city and didn't know where to find a place to stay. I checked all the neighbourhoods' caracteristics on this website and finally made my mind !

2vancouverbc.com/relocation/housing/neighbourhoods/index.htm?subnav=subnav-housing

I hope it can help :)

Jessica

[Moderated: free ad is not allowed on the forum, please, register company in Vancouver Business Directory]