Moving to France after Brexit

Hello,

I hope you're all well.

I'm looking for a little bit of guidance really, as I am planning to move to France in 2020 with my partner, we are just currently saving up and would like to get the property out of there.

Immigration policy and the free movement is still being discussed in the UK so I'm just wondering if this will affect anything that happens with my move? Will I have to get a visa, or will I be allowed to move there?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Bonjour Hals

I am working in the UK but originally I am from France.

In terms of immigration read this:

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180130/brexit … ts-its-way

It really is depending on when you want to go and move in France.

If you are moving after December 2020 then you will struggle.

My advice is have a talk to the immigration solicitors London as I have been helped moving to the UK. Like you say, advice is have a talk and see what your options are.

Hello - yes everyone is still wondering how Brexit will affect everything, as the present government still can't even agree among themselves let alone get the EU to sign up to a definite arrangement.
We are also planning on moving there in 2020.

It seems to us that the worse the Brexit deal the worse things will be in the UK so there's not much point in staying - as long as one can afford the health insurance etc in France of course.
It also looks as if the pound will suffer so l'd say change your money to buy a French property ASAP if you are serious about it, and try to buy a place well before March 2019!

Crossing the channel, bringing goods, transferring money etc may all get more difficult.
I am very sad about it but just hope that maybe a soft Brexit will somehow be arranged at the last minute.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I am a proud Brexit voter and given the opportunity my wife would be a Frexit voter. I pray the the UK achieves a hard Brexit . When in England my wife worked at large bank  in the south of England , her first real job after years of long periods of unemployment in France. She lived on the outskirts of Paris. She speaks 5 european languages ,has a Degree in languages a BTS in Import/Export as well as a diploma in accountancy. I had my own Gas and OIL boiler repair business. We were lucky to find  jobs in France and we earn just above the minimum salary.
My friend in Belfast has a French wife also ; she translated the 'Common agricultural Policy' for the Gov there . She couldn't stop laughing .It's the French agricultural policy. Some areas in big cities are being over-run in big cities by illegal migrants .Jobs are few and far between with the average wage being a little above the 'smig'. Too many people work for the Gov meaning a third of your salary disappears.
After the Brexit the French economy will tumble even further as it has been heavily subsidised by the great cash cow that is leaving.France is run by a globalist; Macron former employee of the 'Rothchilds' .He went to the Gov school for the ruling elite. Apart from that the Country is beautiful .  We came here for reasons other than money . Watch 'BREXIT THE MOVIE' . The reallity here is not sugar coated