Easy ways to move to netherlands.

hi!

I am an African currently living and working in Dubai, but i have the zeal to move to another country preferably Netherlands. What is the easiest way i can use to move to the Netherlands? to find a job and maybe settle there?

thank you for your answers!

Welcome to the forum. :)

I would suggest that there is no easy way but you can find the information on other threads here. The subjects have all be addressed before.
Once you have checked these threads then by all means do ask specific questions.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page is a link to our Handy Tools section; if you select that, you'll get access to our expat guides; these contain Information that may help you plan your journey.

To answer your specific questions:

There is no easy way, it will very much depend on your skill set - what do you do, what qualifications do you have?  If you don't have a skill that they are short of, then there is a chance you won't be granted a work visa.  Assuming you do have the skills needed, you'll also have to learn Dutch in order to pass the MVV exam to get your visa.  The other problem with work visas is they are by definition not permanent, you have to keep in the back of your mind that although you can apply for long-term residence after 5-years, it may not be granted and you'll have to return to your home country.

Once you've read our Expat guides and checked out any links provided; if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

I have an Irish passport so am an EU citizen. But my partner is English.
Does the MVV exam still apply? Is training via TEFL type colleges?
Sorry if this info is somewhere else on this site as haven't found it yet.

It does help. Thank you very much.

A AnnKathrinBrown wrote:

I have an Irish passport so am an EU citizen. But my partner is English.
Does the MVV exam still apply? Is training via TEFL type colleges?
Sorry if this info is somewhere else on this site as haven't found it yet.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

EU citizens have the right to live and work anywhere in the EU, so MVV is not part of the process for those people.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team