Life as a female expat in Costa Rica

Hello,

While moving to a new country and discovering new cultures is definitely an exciting adventure, everybody experiences it differently. It can be particularly different for women, in both positive and negative ways.

What are some positive aspects about being a female expat in Costa Rica?

What are some challenges in Costa Rica that women face, and what are the ways to overcome them?

How is a woman's role viewed in Costa Rican's culture and society?

Is it relatively safe for a woman to live in Costa Rica?

How would a woman go about expanding her social network in a safe way?

Are there any resources available for women to help with their expatriation (e.g. books, articles, support networks, etc.)?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Come on ladies, I'm waiting to hear your opinions here?   :D

- Expat Dave

I moved from. Costa Rica. to Guatemala   and love it here
friendliest and cutest locals. on earth

new to the site surfing around reading some of the subjects have to say I am surprised at the lack of content here on this one!?
Could this be because not many single females take the leap of coming here alone, is it a uncommon thing?

Possibly a woman, either a single or married woman, does not want to enter personal experiences on a forum :unsure

Yea, No...First off the post does not talk about married females but single females and what you mean is personal information, not experiences, otherwise your comment makes no sense in the context of exposing  ones self? Either way again no there is nothing that says they or for that matter anyone has to post personal information? You comment shows a complete lack of reasoning?

Where in the original post, does it mention 'single women?'

I apologize you are correct the original post does not use the term "single female". Please allow me to explain my use of that term. In the original post the words " a woman" is used 3 times to me, how I read that is it means a single female, a woman where the term Women means plural but also does not discount single women again that is how I read the statement.

If you read the original post/query, it's simply asking for a woman's perspective on their experiences in CR.  Personal information is not only not being asked for, it is immediately removed if posted.

- Expat Dave

Could it be that some of us "Single Women" ( by choice in my case) are too busy keeping busy to sit at a computer answering each and every question..AS for me I pop in to help when possible IF my opinion countS...after moving here over 20 years ago...
THanks for  all the many "likes " from those who have found my posts informative..especially about my area The Heredia Hills ...Goergoues!... and bus stop at electric gate takes you to town of Heredia in 14 minutes ..and 5 minutes to charmuing villages in between..Clean fresh air and Spring like year round .'.Who can ask for anything more" .  so says the song.
TOODALOO !

Considering your time living in Costa Rica why would your opinion NOT be valued?