Employment Pass for Malaysia

Hello Guys,

Well, can you please let me know the time duration required to get the EP for Malaysia... and also would be thankful if You let me know the list of documents required to get the EP soon.

If you mean the Professional Employment Pass, this guide has all the details

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

The employer / company has to apply and time taken varies due to different levels of complexities. But 2-6 weeks is about the norm for getting approval from immigration if its a straightforward case i.e. the company has a quota to hire foreigners plus the candidate meets all requirements.

Two important issues:

1. Indian citizens require a single entry visa in order to enter Malaysia for employment purposes (Visa with Reference  - VDR)

2. While the application for the EP is ongoing, the prospective employee has to remain outside Malaysia (which is logical, as the VDR is issued in home country Malaysian HC/consulate only once approval for the recruitment is granted)

Hi I'm an Australian looking to work in Malaysia in the property/Construction industry.

Any one can guide me to obtaining a work permit.

Sparker2017 wrote:

Hi I'm an Australian looking to work in Malaysia in the property/Construction industry.

Any one can guide me to obtaining a work permit.

You need to be offered a job and the employer makes the application for a work permit.

My employer try to log-in at ESD website. But they could not log-in. Previously they were able to log-in. What does this mean? I saw in the news that MM2H had similar issue of application backlog due to all approvals must have KDN approval.

It means they need to enquire with ESD about the problem but think they should not involve you in their problems. Hopefully they are being straightforward and not making excuses to cover up