Working in KSA and living in Bahrain.

I will be working in KSA and living with my wife in Bahrain. (she won't be working for a while) Is it possible to have both a Saudi Iqama and a Bahrain CPR?

Your question has already been answered on a different thread.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 19#4268925

Please don't post on multiple threads.  Go through what was posted and if you have specific questions, you can ask. 

As already mentioned on the above thread, the answer to your post is yes.

XTang,
Thanks for your reply and sorry for the breach in protocol.... I'm still trying to find out how for long my wife can get her residential permit, for which I gather she needs a CPR. you refer to a "paper: CPR. is that sufficient for everything she'll need to do everyday, including getting a Bahrain Drivers License, and leave the country from time to time with no issues upon return.
Thanks,

As far as I know; depending on nationality, she can get a multiple entry visa up to 5 years.  You need to be clear that it is NOT a residence permit.  It is just a longer term visa with a paper CPR (essentially it is just a CPR number).  Residents get a permit and a proper CPR card. 

Also remember that to do the above set up, she MUST get a Saudi Iqama first i.e. be on your dependent visa in Saudi.

With this setup, she can come and go as she pleases.  The paper CPR will allow her to do most things that residents can.  However, for literally everything like bank accounts, rentals etc; letters and documents from YOUR employer will be required like NOCs, introduction letters etc.

Driving licence is tricky as they sometimes accept paper CPR and sometimes they don't - it is a bit arbitrary.  It would help if she has a Saudi licence first or a licence from a country which Bahrain allows direct conversion from. But practically speaking, she is a visitor to Bahrain, you are leasing a car and if she has a driving license from a western country and / or an international driving license; she can drive without a Bahraini one.

The ONLY ways to get a full resident permit and CPR; I have already mentioned on the other thread.

Thanks for that XTang. You've clarified the longer term visa vs residence permit. I'll speak to my employer but for some reason they want to have me on a single status Saudi visa, meaning she wouldn't have an Iqama. I may need to make them change that.

Thx

Clarify that because single status means that you wont get any family benefits like tickets or medical or schooling if you have kids.   In addition, as you know, they won't give her an Iqama or provide any of the needed letters to sort out her arrangements in Bahrain.

Employers do this to save money.  Push back now as later on, it is very difficult to change.

Will do... Thanks for that !

One more question for XTang... Approx. how much should I expect to pay for a monthly car lease for a mid range  car in KSA, with insurance and maintenance, that I would use to commute between Bahrain and Al Khobar.

Mid range for me is a 2.4 litre Toyota Camry or similar.  I would not recommend anything smaller for a daily commute.  Roughly the cost will vary between 2400 SAR to 3200 SAR per month depending on provider and the deal that you get.   I haven't checked the prices recently i.e. after VAT, Saudisation of rental car companies etc but it should be within the range.

Thanks again Xtang... I may have to buy you lunch when I get there...!..lol

Sure, anytime :)

Any recommendations on dealers / finance companies that I could contact in advance?

Finance companies, no point as no one will lend until you have an Iqama and they have a salary letter from your company.  And that is for "leasing" a car.  This would be the major banks in Saudi and almost all of them have deals.  Plus websites which you can look at e.g. SABB, Rajhi etc.  The dealers in this case would be the showrooms but the best way to approach them is to go physically as you get deals on the new cars.

For rental car company dealers, start from the international ones i.e. SIXT and Budget.  Also check the bigger Saudi companies such as Samara.  Talking to these will give you an idea of range and these will entertain you remotely (smaller ones generally won't and they don't speak much English depending on who answers the phone :)).  Then once you are here, you can shop around for cheaper options if you want with smaller dealers - and your colleagues will recommend as well.

OK... I will have an Iqama and salary letter when the time comes, so it looks pretty positive. I know I'll have more advice to seek, so Ill be in touch with you again...
Beddy-bye time on my end, but I really appreciate your input...  I'll be back in touch in the next couple of days to chat further. Take care my friend....