Moped in Malta?

Hi, I have made the decision to move to Malta so I am now thinking about my every day life there.

In the UK I have a moped which I used to ride every day to work until May this year when I passed my car test and started to drive a car instead.

I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to get a moped or not. I have seen people saying no because of Maltese roads/drivers but when I have visited before it didn't seem too bad.

Or would it be a good idea to get a car?

Or just use public transport? It just seems like it takes over an hour to get to some places and less than half that time driving.

Many thanks!

Hi
I moved to Malta about 18 months ago.driving my car from the UK. Now changed its paperwork to maltese
The driving here can be breathtaken. You need to concentrate all the time. I would  say use the car rather than the bike.

Do you know where you will be living and working?   It depends on how much traveling you will be doing and what area, parking can be a problem in which case a moped may be preferable or public
transport.

I don't have a job yet and I am looking for somewhere to stay initially. I have found a cheap air bnb in Iklin but I don't know if this will be too far away from the more lively areas or if its worth it due to the cheapness. When I get a job I would probably intend to rent nearby but if i wanted to travel out to other places round the island, I was thinking a moped would be ideal. I have been driving a moped for a few years but only passed my driving test two months ago.

i would suggest you see how the roads and drivers are here for your self
you are the best judge on if its worth it, personally i dont think so, i would suggest a car or even a quad bike.
The Quad would be in between a bike and a car.
you can still cut through traffic and park easy , yet have a bit more protection than a moped. your car licence will cover you on the quad.