Questions about renwing my permis de sedere!

Hello,

I got my permis de sedere last year for family reunion and it's valid for one year, now I want to renew it. But here is the situation.

me and my wife moved from the previous address that I had in my permis de sedere. We are actually living with my wife's parents in a house where it doesn't have the legal documentation (An Address).
One of my wife's family member gave a statement to a notary for receiving me to live there so I can use for renewing the permis de sedere.

The question is, do the immigration officers make visits for those who want to renew their permis de sedere? Should I be clear and honest while deposing my papers at the immigration office and provide them with a personal statement explaining my situation -since my wife's parents cannot get that document any time soon-. What should I do?

P.s if you can recommand any immigration lawyer in Cluj that would be nice.

Thank you.

Stick a toothbrush in the bathroom and a jacket in the closet and be prepared to simply state there wasn't enough room so you had to move last week.
I'm coming up for renewal myself. I'm thinking to apply 60 days in advance. Does that seem like enough?

We renewed ours last week the day before it ran out. It took about an hour as we had all of our documents in order. Going for the 10 year residency next week to avoid going back until well after we've retired! Good luck Sue