Relocating to Hanoi with dogs

Hello!
Relocating to Hanoi with 2 dogs  and super concerned about their safety .The working location would be Dong Da . Anyone is living there with pets ? Is it a safe area or you know streets or apartment names you would recommend .

Thank you in advance !

just keep them inside or walk them out but never let them out alone.
cheers

Really? Feared about your dogs?

Here in Vietnam not the dogs are worth protecting but the people must be protected from the dogs.
I had to move twice already because of constantly barking dogs and now I wait until the contract has expired to move again because of these *** dogs.
Currently I live in a high-rise. There are 5 dogs on my floor. Hundreds of them all over the building. They every time bark when someone gets off the elevator.
They piss and shit in every corner, in the elevator and on your doormat.
They bark on the balconies for hours every day and night.

Everyone here wants dogs, but then they are too lazy to care for them.
The dog owners here don't give a shit about their dogs pissing around and barking all the time.

Dogs and their owners are a real evil here in Vietnam (and in certain other countries).

Moderated by Anas 5 years ago
Reason : mind the language
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Well. I lived in Vietnam for 4 years already and i saw terrific cruelty to animals .
I would agree with you that  it all depends on the owners and we are responsible for our pets behaviour . The culture of picking up after your pet  is just started to work here in HCMC and slowly they are more rules inventions , than complete banning pets.
I`m absolutely not aware about" doggy "situation in Hanoi , that is why i asked for advice.Just read and saw all the dog napping and selling  dog meat  places in Hanoi which is very scary.

People don't take care their dogs in Vietnam like the way western people do. The main reason is where western people love and take care dog because they consider their dog as a TRUE friend while Vietnamese people raise dog for the primary purpose of keeping house :)

Apartment is not good choice for people with dogs. Why? In Hanoi, there are 2 different kinds of apartment: (1) you can live with your pets/dogs; (2) you cant live with your pets. The second is certainly not your option. The first has disadvantages like Andy state previously because of Vietnamese cultural and intentions.

So finding a house to rent maybe a better option for you where you can take care for your dogs and doesn't being affected by others ... pls remember not let them alone as Tommy advice.

However finding a house to rent is another problem for expats as not many information/ads related to renting house are available in English. 

It would be difficult to find safe area in Hanoi as transportation here is always crazy problems for expats. When you get familiar with, you will be ok then.

Ultimately it is NOT safe. Sure you can keep them inside (assuming you are happy to pay the a/c costs to prevent them overheating?) but at some point you will want to take them for a walk (we can hope) and dog snatching is not uncommon; either for food or for breeding.