US citizen 1 Yr business visa

Does anyone know if I have to leave every three months?  I have a 1 yr business visa and  I am a US citizen.  I have heard if I had a 1 Yr tourist visa I would have to leave every three months but I'm wondering if this holds true for a business visa?

you do not have to leave every 3 months with a 1 year business visa. I have a 1 year multi-entry business visa.

If its a business visa, no, if its the 1 year for Americans, yes.

I think you are no needs to leave vietnam every three months,

if you are need a real information tours visa  or business visa better you are go to the immigration office direct talk with immigration  and they will give information.

and I have a business visa for 5 year

As mentioned, the answer is "no". This is the main difference between the one-year tourist visa for Americans and the business visa.

Actually, I have heard that even with the tourist visa, you can pay some additional amount of money every 3 months instead of exiting Vietnam.

With any visa, there is a separate entry stamp that says"Stay permit up to..." or "permitted to remain until..."

The date written there is date you have to leave by. You can check that to be sure of exactly how long you can stay.

I was reading this thread and decided to check my visa.  I came in on 1 June.  The date to exit appears to be 1 12 18.  The underlying stamp is a little vague.  Could I be this lucky?

5 year business visa? Who signed it, Mr. D. Duck?

Budman1 wrote:

5 year business visa? Who signed it, Mr. D. Duck?

Maybe he is getting confused with the VEC.😆

?

I was reading this thread and decided to check my visa.  I came in on 1 June.  The date to exit appears to be 1 12 18.  The underlying stamp is a little vague.  Could I be this lucky?

Is that a one-year tourist visa? The policy may have changed and now they're letting people stay longer, perhaps.