Recommendations for Riviera Nayarit

Hello,

I am new to this forum and am looking for shared information and experiences of those living or having lived in the Riviera Nayarit area near Puerto Vallarta.

As a teen I lived in Guadalajara while my Dad went to medical school. It was such a moving experience that as a young adult my husband and I purchased timeshare property in Mexico and spent the last 30 years visiting many areas of Mexico from East to West coast. Now my husband and I are interested in possible early retirement on a budget and are exploring moving to Mexico.

We love the coastal regions, both along the Riviera Maya and Nayarit, but worry about living in the hurricane zone along the East Coast. Does anyone have experiences and/or information that they can share about day to day living in the Nayarit coastal region?

The beauty and vibrancy of the Mexican culture and people is what appeals to us, not the moderization of these beautiful destinations. It would be nice to have both American, Canadian and Mexican neighbors, not a lot of "clubs" and tourist activities, but proximity to local restaurants and market places would be nice.

Feel free to share your thoughts. We will be in the Riviera Nayarit area in October and look forward to looking at the region from more than a visitors perspective.

Thanks!

mexicogc lives in that area so he would be the person to talk to. Look him up on the membership list under community ( top of the page)

My husband and I are in the same boat. Interested in any feedback.

Well , I currently live in TX . On the Gulf Coast . Also planning on moving to that region with my wife and one of my oldest friends . Going to live on our lg sailboat and do day cruises for tourists. 
As far as the hurricanes,  I have been through many living in the Gulf Coast of Texas . I'm sure you heard about Harvey. They can be really scary.  I don't think it's something that can't be planned for ..

Good morning,  I saw you mentioned someone in your post . Would you mind getting him in contact with me . I have many questions I would like to see if he can help me with .
Thank you
Dominick

travellight wrote:

mexicogc lives in that area so he would be the person to talk to. Look him up on the membership list under community ( top of the page)

I don't know this person, someone else posted this contact so you need to look them up in the directory and send a direct message.

Thank you sir