Penthouse in Ocean Club/Fajardo - need a property manager

Hello, my name is Olga, and I'm the new member on this site. I live in Oregon for now, but just purchased a penthouse in Ocen Club at Seven Seas /Fajardo. I'd like to rent it for a short or long term to respectful folks, but didnt have much luck with the property management company so far. I can use your guidance please. Please offer any suggestions or concerns.
Thank you,
Olga

Call Ronnie Martínez... She is professional and reliable. 787 616 7577 not sure if she will go to Fajardo but she is great.

Thank you, will call her

Hi Olga,

Have you thought about listing your property through Airbnb or Homeaway/VRBO??

Leslie

@10yrs

If you aren't living on the island, are there companies that will handle AirBNB for you, basically just cleanings and if any issues arise?

Also wondered if listing with vacation rental companies vs airbnb which would make more money when you are away.

So I live in the same complex and the bylaws state that short term rentals are not allowed. I have heard of lawyer suing owners in this and many other complexes that are caught renting on AirBnB and such. Not telling you not to do it but may want to be aware of it. Perhaps, the owners may want to get together and chance the rules, I would think it would increase the values of the units.

The Airbnb is just for listing your property.  I believe you set the price for the rental based on comparable villas in the same area.  Property management companies can handle cleaning or repairs, interacting with guests, handling any issues.

Be aware that the by laws of a lot of condos do state clearly that short term rentals are not allowed. So check before you purchase.

I use AirBnB, HomeAway.com and Trip Advisor to list my rental.   HomeAway is by far the best producing 3 out of 4 of my rentals.  AirBnB is the worst and produces the worst guests.

HomeAway and Trip Advisor clients generally are planning months in advance and want to stay for a week or so.   AirBnB clients view their visits as hotel reservation alternatives, often looking for one or two-night stays and are looking for lower cost digs often sharing a room in an occupied apartment or house.  Not that that is bad but the clients are very different.

I agree that you have to check out the rules.

I pay a local fellow a percent of the rental to do the check in and check out, and have a housekeeper clean and change the linens between stays.  There may be someone in the building who might want to do that.

I completely agree with you. My penthouse is in the ocean club, so the management periodically refer rental requests yo me. I guess my dilemma is to hire the property manager or to rent it out myself. It looks Luke with the property management I will be paying a lot just for service of finding renters. PR PM asks for first month, deposit, 20% monthly to monitor the property once a month. It's almost less expensive to let it sit empty.
The ocean club management and owners are wonderful and refer renters to me sometimes. I think I will leave it as is. It's not worth to have people live in condo if the risk overcomes the benefits.

Interesting.. I asked my attorney to check on it, and there is no prohibiting rental either a short term or longer than 6 no. The only difference is that under 6 months have to register.
I don't believe there is a rule at Ocean Seas, unless you are talking about another community.

Checked. Not the case. Thank you

How much are you renting it for?  My husband and I are thinking about re-locating to PR, possibly to the Fajardo are.  If it is a price we can afford, we would be interested.  If you don't want to post that information here, you can email me - ****

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

What part of the island are you on?  I'm looking for a company or someone to do exactly that.

I'm in Oregon. Condo is rented.