Need advise

Hello sir/mam I want to ask for some advise about of my problem. Im new here in oman I start to work at april 22,2018  and my company didn't give me any contract until now. Im very confused because I have already a resident card but I never sign any contract. Now when I check in manpower my detail I see that my boss put a 80omr on may basic salary but we have a conversation that he agree on my offer salary 330 omr. And now hes forcing me to work 15hours without dayoff  im working now for 3months and his not giving my salary I dont know what should to do I want to change my company. Now I make complain to manpower and he want to send me back on my country which is im direct qatar from here in oman. And he dont want me to go to work. Some advise please thank you in advance

Hi Jesson081617,

Since yours is a case of blatant employee rights abuse, you must report your employer's actions to your country's embassy in Muscat first.

Have a detailed chat with them on all that has transpired between your employer and you. They will then guide you on the best course of action to take.

Do not get intimated by the threats and scare tactics employed by your sponsor / employer. Make it known to them in no uncertain terms that you cannot be bullied.

If you read the numerous other posts on the forum about changing of jobs within Oman, you would know it is easier said than done.

Good day sir I report my empoyer in manpower but nothings happen instead of helping me they help my employer I have full evidence that he didnt give my 3months salary and didn't give mee a contract and pushing me to work 15hours a day without day. The manpower told me that I need to buy my ticket and go back my country or else they will givve me a blocklist here

Hi Jesson081617,

Your post is indeed surprising ! The Ministry of Manpower (MoM) is there primarily to safeguard and protect the rights of the migrant workforce - and not to blatantly take sides with the locals.

In your case, did you get your country's embassy involved ? You must at least now, even if you did not before. Secondly, the MoM would have some valid reasons for telling you what they have. Their decision would not be and cannot be arbitrary for sure.

In any case, have a chat with your embassy officials. Also, just to make sure there have been no discrepancies, consult with a lawyer dealing with expatriate employment-related cases. Since it is only to seek their opinion, the first round of discussion would mostly be free of cost.

Find out the background of why the MoM said, what they said.