Any recs for low-cost classes or tutoring?

Hello everyone,

My wife, a native Ecuadorean, and I recently moved to Quito from the USA!

I have visited many times so I am very comfortable, but my Spanish is very weak. Any recs for low-cost classes or tutoring?

Also, I am looking for work either teaching english locally or good options for remote online work.

I have a Master's degree, experience founding and working for nonprofit organizations in the states doing social media marketing.

I love living here, I just need to find some income.

Cheers to all!

Enrollment in a group class for beginners at a language center is one of the cheapest options.  Banana Spanish School, and Simón Bolivar are two options.

I suggest checking out LingQ. It's a platform for improving vocabulary, listening, and reading skills.
Also, start watching a lot of Netflix in Spanish, without English subtitles

Be patient. It may take you 1000 hours to get proficient. I've been at it, learning Spanish for 2 years. At this point, I can understand the gist of the news and many podcasts while listening. TV is somewhat harder. Conversation is still challenging. However, reading Spanish is becoming a breeze. I hope to read novels like "Cien años de soledad" by the end of the year

If you are truly interested in teaching English, getting a recognized certificate from a US or UK university may help in addition to your degrees. Cambridge CELTA, for example. Or a TESOL certificate from Arizona State University.

Working online is a great option. This is what I do. Even getting $10/hour online can go a long way in Ecuador. Deposit that into your usa bank account. Working full time, you would earn almost double Ecuador's per capita GDP.

Thanks for the advice! I was wondering, what sort of online work do you do?