Working as a doctor in ecuador

hello ,

i,m a surgeon from india . what are the chances of employment opportunities in equador for me.

Welcome to the Ecuador forum of expat.com, Adity.

The answer: depends on whether there is a scarcity of surgeons at a facility, how fluent in medical Spanish and conversational Spanish the doctor is, his credentials and recommendations .. and possibly other factors.

If there is no scarcity, chances are poor due to the preference for hiring native South Americans and native Spanish speakers.

cccmedia

adityadasadi wrote:

i,m a surgeon from india . what are the chances of employment opportunities in equador for me.

Doctors and other professionals are held to a higher standard, especially when seeking employment.

They should know there is no 'q' in Ecuador.

cccmedia in Quito

adityadasadi wrote:

hello ,

This will depend on your qualification and full professional fluency (in Spanish).

Foremost your qualification must be recognized by SENESYCT or Secretaría de Educación Superior, Ciencia, Tecnología e Innovación. This is the government entity that determines whether or not qualifications, degrees, etc are valid in Ecuador.

Secondly Spanish is the official language so you should be able to communicate at full professional fluency with for instance administrators, staff, patients, family, etc.

So if your qualification is recognized by SENESYCT and you are able to communicate Spanish at full professional fluency then you at least have a chance.

BTW, full professional fluency is a language proficiency level that is "pertinent for professional needs", and is one level below native proficiency/bilingual proficiency..