Film Making Group

Hey,

Are you in the Dammam, Dhahran, Khobar, or Jubail area and like the idea of making movies?  Let's get together and talk.  We could create a little group and make some shorts, write some shorts, do some projects together, watch some movies, whatever.  If you think making videos, writing scripts, editing, acting, taking pictures, or modeling sound like fun, then please message me on here.  I'd love to get a creative group together so we can make some cool stuff while here.   I know that surrounding myself with good people who are creative individuals is never a bad idea.  I've got some ideas.  :-)
I look forward to hearing from you.

Perhaps you could consider making a couple of expat point of view documentaries about your adopted country.
Assuming they're non-commercial, you could upload to Youtube and add links in this thread.

I think that's a very possible option. I'd like a group to communicate with though, to see what they're interested in working on too.

Sounds like an interesting project.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to mention what sort of commitment would be required in terms of time and equipment.
Possible interested people might be put off if they think they'll need a sack full of top end cameras when a gopro or a better quality phone would be enough.

Could be off a little here, but do you know some android camera apps let you use a bluetooth microphone - does wonders with the audio quality. I use that and an external hand held mic for interviews.
Not exactly BBC quality, but easily good enough for amateur stuff.

Amazing idea !! You just snatched the words from my tongue and posted if here... I am a musician but engineer by profession. Did music for almost 12 years professionally... I was also kind of thinking the same thing... let's catch up... I am an Indian individual and based in Khobar... you can give your whatsapp in a pvt msg so that we can get in touch !

I'm a female in Jubail, and definitely interested in this idea but any shoots will require a pickup. However, I miss jeeping around the desert and doing creative stuff...which was something I got up to with a different group of people in previous years. I am a creative. Drop me a PM.

Glad ro see more people willing to join in!!

Hey Adeel here.

Good idea, though require a must meet up and more discussion.
I am in Dammam. Me too a music lover but not a musician. I wanted to become a writer and actor.
Let me know when we can sit together and have fun.

Cheers 🤞

Hi there. Funny you should post this today of all days. Was thinking exactly same thing. I am into writing and am looking for original like minds. Due out in a couple of weeks. Waiting on attestation etc. Soon as I know where I will be teaching will post you again.

Meanwhile, best of luck on a great idea .😆

Great !! Well guys.. am planning to make a whatsapp group for the same! So people interested and readily available in Dammam Khobar Dhahran Jubail area can just drop their numbers in my inbox to add you up in my the group..

This is a really cool idea and I'd be glad to join the gang. I don't know about how much I can do but I'm said to have an eye for detail and I can help with the review of the script material and editing of pictures and shots. We will need to work on timings though as I am sure we all have day jobs to consider. I am from Dammam so moving around the Khobar/Jubail etc wouldn't be a hassle for me.

Please msg me pvt your number so that can add you in the whatsapp group

i am in but i am in Riyadh

I'm sending everyone a message so hopefully we can communicate outside of this message board too.

great