Regarding Permanent residence application

Hi everyone ! I have a quick question regarding application for PR. I will be completing 5 years in Amsterdam by end of this year and I am planning to apply for a national/european permanent residence permit. The eligibility for PR requires you to have an uninterrupted residence permit for 5 years but I have a gap of 2 days between end date of my first residence permit and the start date for renewed one. This was due to the delay in sending the application from the employer. However, as I realised there can be delay, for this period I got stamped a verblijfsaantekeningen (residence endorsement sticker) from IND. Also during this period I was registered at Gemeente. Now, will these 2 days be counted as a gap in my residence and forbid me to obtain PR ?
Thanks for helping out !

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

It would seem harsh to me.  However, this is really a question you need to ask of the IND.  The regulations don't make any provision for real-life events, so it must be at the discretion of the regulator who may ask you or your employer for evidence to support your claim.

The IND publish their contact details on their website; this link will take you there.  They also have a Twitter feed where you can ask questions; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

I would like to know how to get a PR job in the Netherlands with work visa please let me know my email is ****

Bonita

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Bo and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page is a link tour Handy Tools section; if you select that, you'll get access to our expat guides; these contain Information that may help you plan your journey.

To answer your specific questions:

As a US citizen, you will need to find a job with a company in Holland that is willing to sponsor your work visa.  How to find them; at the top of the page is a link to our job section; alternatively, use Google, it's really quite useful for that kind of thing.

Once you've read our Expat guides and checked out any links provided; if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

One last point, for your own safety, please don't publish your personal contact details on the open Forum, instead, ask people to contact you by Direct Message.  I'll ask for your 2 messages to be edited to remove the information.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

First i would like to get a job then i can move, but i love it there so much that every day i dream of living there.

Bo

Bo Vanlewin wrote:

First i would like to get a job then i can move, but i love it there so much that every day i dream of living there.

Bo

Hi Bo and welcome back.

To be brutally honest, unless you have a very unique skill-set that is in very short supply, you have very little chance of that happening.

Probably not what you want to hear, but I do wish you the best of luck in your journey. :)

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team