Flooding in Siem Reap

Hi All,

I find many answers to different questions in the Forum but nothing about flooding in Siem Reap.

Is flooding a big problem? What areas of Siem Reap are usually flooded? Where is the best quarter to rent a house in Siem Reap?

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Regards
Harry

Hello Harry.

The fact that you don't find much info re flooding in SR probably means it's not such a big problem.

I have googled and saw flooding in the past, 2011, 2015, but not in the last few years.

So I think it's not really a big item.

But I'm not living in SR and therefor I hope that some local expats will come up with their experience of flooding in SR and what areas are affected.

Cheers.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

In general flooding is not a big problem, sometimes with heavy rain, some roads get flooded, like Savitha Rd but that's very temporary
I live in What Po area for 4 years and had 1 time a serious flooding after 3 days of very heavy rain.

Hi Sidewalker,

thanks for your information. That sounds good. You write only once in 4 years there were problems with flooding. I would like to know if your house or apartment was affected.

My wife and I will move to SR and the question is what area in SR is a good and safe area.
Of course before we will rent a place, we first fly to SR and view some places.

Regards
Harry

Hi Joe,

thanks for your info and help.

Sorry for my late answer.

Regards
Harry

awfullyhappy wrote:

Hi Joe,

thanks for your info and help.

Sorry for my late answer.

Regards
Harry

You're welcome Harry  :top:

Joe

Hi Harry,
My house was not affected, but some houses had about 4 a 5 inches water around the house.
JoeKhmer mention a serious flooding in September 2011 See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkdxUwUxJNQ , after 20011 I never heard of a big flooding again, so his conclusion that flooding in SR is not a big problem is (probably) right, but it is always possible.