Residence permit clarification

Hello, I will try briefly to explain our story.
I am Romanian citizen and my husband is Albanian. We are both in uk now. We got married in Albania 2 months ago and got a family permit for him. We returned to uk last week.  I am a job seeker for the moment and fortunately I got already 3 interviews.  Hopefully  in 1 week i will start a job.
I have a gap of 5 months and a half that I haven't been employed as in January my husband was detained by home office, at that time he had no papers, and he choose to go back to Albania.  We decided it will be easier to get married there and apply for a family permit. Sadly while in Albania his father passed away so we had to delay our plans. That is why we returned after 5 months and a half instead of 2. In this time the company I was working for stoped my contract. So I had no job to return to. As soon as we return I start looking for job.
Evidently I don't have any savings and my bank statements are 0 as we spent all our money in this period. His family helped us as well to return to uk.
Now my questions
I like to apply for residence permit as his family permit expires in December, but I also need 3 months of employment. I found on the form for RP that also job seeker makes me qualified person. Should I wait 3 months of employment and after apply for residence permit for my husband ? I am afraid his familypermit will expire because I see it lasts a while to get it. I know we can apply for a new family permit. I was thinking to apply as soon as I get a job, and explain in the cover letter why I am without job and why we stayed so long in his country. For all I have proof.
We also book an interview for national insurance number as I read that he can get that just with the family permit.
We have a residence here, my only concern is the bank statement. I have in the other hand the end of year statements for last 2 years and I was sufficient as a sponsor.
Can u please advice me what to do first as I am trying to solve this without legal help.
Thank you

You say that you have a family permit for you and your husband; when does it expire?

Hello
My husband does. It expires in December.

OK - thanks.  In general, you are dealing with an organisation that operates the system from a computer screen and the person sat there is ticking boxes, he/she is not allowed to make judgements.  If they ask for evidence of any particular thing, then you must provide it or the box doesn't get ticked and your application is rejected.

You say your issue is the bank statement; you can't apply to extend his visa until 28 days before his current visa expires; so you have from today until that date to make it right.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team