Canadian Pension Plan, Old Age Pension,Omers

Can you receive the Pension plans.....in Ecuador???
I noticed that Canada and Ecuador..DO NOT have a social security agreement..

Dear Laurence,

Welcome to the forums of expat.com ....

I receive monthly pension payments from SS (USA) at my bank in Quito.

It was arranged several years ago via the Embassy here.

cccmedia in Quito

hello sir.......your pension is American.......mines is NOT,     its Canadian...
thats why i need  updates on that........glad for your sake,it works okay for you.
Larry.

As far as I know, CPP can be received anywhere.
OAS if you qualify (living in Canada for over 20 yrs.) can be received as well.

Suggestion: Easy way to "transfer" them.

- Ask for a loan at your bank where the pensions are deposited equivalent to the amount you are going to receive in a year or so, take the money with you when travelling to Ecuador and set auto monthly  withdrawals to offset the loan. It works for me.

Hello everyone,

Please note that this thread is now on the Ecuador forum.

All the best,
Bhavna

HI Larry,

You can receive CPP and also OAS here,no problem, if you quality.  In order to get my money south, I have several access points.  TD Canada Trust has the  Cross Border account option.  Also you can get an account with TDBank anywhere in the US.  For the latter, just withdraw amounts from the money machine, free, if you get the kind of account which requires that you keep a certain balance.  You can set up a warning when your balance approaches that of the set balance required to bank free with TDBank, it is easy. Good luck!  But keep in mind that the Cdn dollar is presently worth approximately 75cents US dollar.  If you can live happily with that, then go for it! 
Helenp

thanks for your input on this, Helen....i am still  thinking about moving to Ecuador.
i guess if i transfer my account to TD,,canada..then hopefully, if i was down in Ecuador i would have that situation organized. ... :)

I am sure that there are other ways to do it, like maybe the Snowbirds option.
HelenP

If i go,...then it will be permanent....Snowbirds only go their for periods of time,then they go back to Canada.

Laurence,

Then go permanent, bite the bullet, it is definitely worth it from my experience.  Ecuador is many things , different things to different people,  hope that you love it.
Helen

i loved the time i stayed their...3 years ago........my ex-wife and i stayed their for 6 months in Salinas...i am a guy who doesnt need a life changing time anymore,
I am retired 62 year old and just want to have a better time...