Looking for temporary or permanent accommodation in Amsterdam

Hello everyone,
I am moving to Amsterdam last week in July.
I am looking for an individual or shared accommodation for the long-term stay near to Amsterdam with registration possible within 500 to 800 euro.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Check out the housing section, top of this page.

I checked and even I contact one

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/europe … -amst.html

then I got scam mail in reply

It is not a scam.

It is a reply from a forum member who has an apartment for rent. The apartment is advertised in the housing section, top of this page.

For several reasons, finding affordable short-stay accommodation, including Airbnb rentals, can challenge many visitors.

1. Like many cities, one of the primary factors driving up the cost of short-term accommodation in Amsterdam is the shortage of available housing. As the city's population grows, the demand for housing has significantly outpaced the supply, leading to increased competition for available properties. This, in turn, has pushed up rental prices, including those for short-term stays.

2. Amsterdam's local government has implemented strict rules and regulations to control the short-stay accommodation market. These measures aim to prevent overcrowding, protect the city's unique character, and maintain a healthy balance between residents and visitors. Consequently, short-term rentals, defined as those lasting less than six months, are subject to various restrictions and regulations, making it more challenging and expensive for property owners to offer such accommodations. City Centre Retreat is one company that provides [link moderated] for a minimum period of one month. Their rates are high but cheaper than Airbnb, and they have great reviews. There are other options if you google 'Temporary accommodation in Amsterdam'.

3. Short-term accommodation providers, including Airbnb hosts, must pay taxes and contribute to the city's tourism infrastructure. In addition to these obligations, property owners must also cover utility costs, such as electricity, water, and heating, which can be relatively high in Amsterdam. These expenses directly impact the price guests pay for their stay.

4. Operating short-term rentals involves additional costs not typically associated with long-term leases. These include the expenses related to cleaning, renovations, and regular maintenance. Property owners must ensure that their accommodations meet the high standards expected by guests, which often requires significant investment in upkeep, furnishings, and amenities. The added operational costs are inevitably passed on to guests, resulting in higher prices for short-stay accommodation.

In conclusion, the high costs of Airbnb and other short-stay accommodations in Amsterdam can be attributed to a combination of factors, including housing shortages, strict rules and regulations, taxes, utility costs, and operational expenses. Despite these challenges, the city remains a popular tourist destination with many unique and memorable experiences. It may require extra planning and budgeting to find the perfect place to stay during your visit.

Moderated by Mickael last year
Reason : No advertising on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct