Driving from Dallas, TX to Playa del Carmen

Ok....so we got the place, got it furnished got most of our stuff packed now we just have to get us and Callie (our 80lb lab) there safe and sound.  We are driving the whole way I would appreciate any ideas, hints, dog friendly safe hotels...really just any ideas.  This is my 1st Expat forum so I'm counting on you guys!!!   :)

Thanks,
BS

Baylorshan wrote:

Ok....so we got the place, got it furnished got most of our stuff packed now we just have to get us and Callie (our 80lb lab) there safe and sound.  We are driving the whole way I would appreciate any ideas, hints, dog friendly safe hotels...really just any ideas.  This is my 1st Expat forum so I'm counting on you guys!!!   :)

Thanks,
BS

First I would check sites like this for Pet-friendly hotels
tps://www.booking.com/pets/city/mx/mexico.html?aid=318615;label=New_English_EN_MX_26638589425-_K2ndly hotels.https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g150800-zfa9-Mexico_City_Central_Mexico_and_Gulf_Coast-Hotels.html

As for travel I would choose a more relaxed border and come through Arizona. Sonora would be my choice. You have to go that direction anyway because Playa DC is that direction. Chose a toll hwy, because they are better kept and safer.

Sorry but I think Arizona is no where close to the route needed to get to Playa Del Carmen from Dallas.  I would suggest going through MacAllen TX border crossing and head along the coast.  Stay in big towns and don't drive at night.