Electric bicycle repairs

The  lock has broken on our electric bicycle, does anyone have any ideas where i can get it repaired?
Many thanks

Maybe saying what area you live may help.

Borders of An Phu and Binh Trung

Where did you buy it?  I think most places that sell regular bikes do repairs.  E-bikes should be the same.

Not sure where it was purchased to be honest, will check out some local repairers, thanks for the help

I think most places that sell regular bikes do repairs.  E-bikes should be the same.

This is true (at least that's been my experience in Vung Tau). I imagine it must be the same in HCMC.

Just go to any place that sells electric bikes and they most likely have a guy to do repairs as well as all the spare parts on hand.

johnross23 wrote:

I think most places that sell regular bikes do repairs.  E-bikes should be the same.

This is true (at least that's been my experience in Vung Tau). I imagine it must be the same in HCMC.

Just go to any place that sells electric bikes and they most likely have a guy to do repairs as well as all the spare parts on hand.

An an owner of an electric bike all I can say is that it really depends on what problem you have. If it's a mechanical problem, any bike shop will be able to help. But if it's an *electronic* problem like with the battery (specialized battery for eBikes), the Bafang electric motor or the brain of the bike, the *controller*, then you'll probably have to order your part from China somehow, unless you can find a local shop thats stocks such specific electronic equipment that fits your exact model.

I have an electric bike. Everything, power related... I go the electric bike shop, mechanical, tires any regular bike fixer. The lectric is, despite bikes are different, very much the same.
If they do one kind, they sure can do another. My dealer also went off to whatever, so I went to a total different brand shop, they only said yes.
Overall, it only took a bit longer, as they had source spares. With their own brand, a matter of maybe 15 minutes, other brand 36 hours until finalized