Close

Renewing an annual retirement visa

Hi Joe,

I make regular trips to Cambodia, about 3 to 4 times a year.
Have used an annual retirement visa for the last 2/3 years; and have found no problems with "Lucky" to date, and paid $290 last time.
My present visa expires 19th November 2018; I expect to be in PP then, but do you know the earliest I can renew if I were not?
Thank you.
Will.

Hello Will.

One month in advance you can extend, they will keep the end date of the old extension as a start, so you don't lose any time.

Don't know if it's a good idea but you can also extend for 1, 3 and 6 months.
Sometimes that is a better alternative.

Cheers.

Joe

Thanks, that's what I thought, but saw a note that seemed to claim you maybe could renew earlier. It would be more expensive for the shorter ones though, and you would then lose some time anyway. Wonder if anyones got an ASEAN passport?
Cheers. Will.

Willdduff :

Thanks, that's what I thought, but saw a note that seemed to claim you maybe could renew earlier. It would be more expensive for the shorter ones though, and you would then lose some time anyway. Wonder if anyones got an ASEAN passport?
Cheers. Will.

ASEAN passports do not exist. A passport is issued to a citizen of a country, so always related to that country, not a group of countries.

Cheers.

Joe

Ha - sorry, I meant a passport for an ASEAN country! Not a serious question really... :-)

:D

They are talking [travel agencies that is] about skipping the visa-on-arrival for citizens of the Asean countries plus China, Japan and Korea.

See if it will be implemented, but I don't hold my breathe.

Cheers.

Joe