Close

Evisa entry through Poipet

Hi everyone,

I am a regular traveler to Cambodia & my usual route is Bangkok, catch a train with my bicycle to Aran & ride over border with Poipet then cycle to a bus station & catch one heading to SR.

This time I decided to try the Evisa & I was pleasantly surprised with how fast it arrived. Applied Sunday evening 9pm, approved & in my inbox at midday Monday  :)

My question would be for someone who has used an Evisa at Poipet previously...

The usual VOA process is that you walk through Aran Thailand exit on the left, get stamped out of Thailand then half way down through no mans land you cross over to the right and enter the Cambodian Visa processing room ?? (whatever its called) where you hand over your passport, a photo, visa fee & usually some extra $$$ or baht to supplement their retirement fund  ;)

Then when you receive your passport back you continue down the right side to the last office before crossing into Cambodia & queue up for ever & finally get stamped - then through the gates & mobbed by 1001 touts eagerly awaiting your arrival :)

In my Evisa info it says print out 2 copies & staple one into my passport... So my question is:

Do I need to go to the first office on the left where you hand over your passport, fee & bribe or do I just proceed straight down to the last office where I get stamped out??

Hello.

My strong guess is that you do as if you had a multiple entry extension.
As I have that myself I never bother about the "windows" to get a visa, I straight go to the stamping "window", show my passport with the extension in it and it gets stamped.

Note that you still have to fill out the Arrival card.

If it's busy you could use a tout to get you through the queues, they never have to wait and are served first, so give one guy 100 - 200 baht and you are out in 2 minutes. It's not corrupt, they just have priority treatment and you pay for that.

Good luck.

Joe

Thanks I'll be going through there in about a week or two so I'll try it and see how I go and report back ;)

Ackshon :

Thanks I'll be going through there in about a week or two so I'll try it and see how I go and report back ;)

Great. Always good to hear experiences "on the ground". It helps the next one in the same situation.

Cheers.

Joe

Evisa is extendable or not?

mudassir.bukhari :

Evisa is extendable or not?

One time for 30 days, it's a tourist visa.

Joe

Thanks a lot, Joe

mudassir.bukhari :

Thanks a lot, Joe

:top: