Employer will be paying tax and will give net salary

Hello Members,

I have got a provisional offer from a MNC ( It has offices in India as well as Penang).

The salary is divided into Indian salary and Malaysian salary.

The issue is with Malaysian salary. HR says it will be a "net" salary and I don't have to pay tax on it. Instead employer  will be paying tax. I don't know how this will work? Is it common?  Will there be any issues? 

Assuming employer pays tax, do you think I have to pax tax on that "net" salary (I mean whatever savings I have ) once I move back to India ?

Please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your time group members. You are doing an amazing job helping out people with a good information

I think there is a Double Taxation Treaty between Malaysia and India which will guide how the remuneration in Malaysia is handled.

http://www.hasil.gov.my/bt_goindex.php? … p;bt_lgv=2

It's a complicated area because although Malaysia does not tax offshore income, if you have an Employment Pass, then technically the income is earned in Malaysia.

If its just a short secondment with expenses paid by the Malaysian entity and salary continuing from India and a Professional Visit Pass is the mode used, this is a different situation.

Thank you for your reply Gravitas!!