I am I India hindu want to Marrying a Muslim Filipina

Hi ,
All of you there I am in love with a Muslim Filipina want to marry her but she insist on marrying in a traditional Muslim wedding only is there a way to do that without getting converted to being a Muslim

Rtrvedi wrote:

Hi ,
All of you there I am in love with a Muslim Filipina want to marry her but she insist on marrying in a traditional Muslim wedding only is there a way to do that without getting converted to being a Muslim

No there is no way. I think in short she is trying to let you know, is either you convert to Islam or forget marrying her. She must be coming from a strong muslim home and hence her parents especially her dad won't easily let her off if she is not marrying a muslim. I did say convert or forget. You know things we do for love.

Ps: You could reason out with the family on going through the traditional Muslim Wedding without having to really convert.

Good luck.

flex14 wrote:

Ps: You could reason out with the family on going through the traditional Muslim Wedding without having to really convert.

The declaration of faith is part of a Muslim wedding ceremony.
Once you've said that in front of two men, you're a Muslim.
Many men convert purely for marriage but the lady's insistence makes this sound like a bad idea as the OP is likely to be expected to take things seriously, and that's going to cause problems if you don't believe.

But my frnd there are so many inter religion marriages how do they happen

Fred wrote:
flex14 wrote:

Many men convert purely for marriage but the lady's insistence makes this sound like a bad idea as the OP is likely to be expected to take things seriously, and that's going to cause problems if you don't believe.

Rtrvedi wrote:
Fred wrote:
flex14 wrote:

As I stated above

First - You must deal with being considered by Muslims to be a Dharmic (Sikh, Buddhist, Jain or Hindu) rather than being a Christian or Jew (People of Book; Abrahamics). 

Second - A Muslim lady cannot marry a non-Muslim, including one belonging to the "People of Book." Therefore, a marriage to a Muslim lady has one strict condition- convert to Islam.  It has been reported that Interfaith marriage is one amongst the most "fundamental sinful actions in Islam after shirk, rebellion against parental authority and killing a person without any legal reason."

Third - You may want to review your country's legal position on Hindu - Muslim marriages.  There is a current case before your Supreme Court that touches on this topic and it is from the State of Kerala.  This involves the Hindu family of Asokan v. a Muslim couple with the family name of Jahan. 

This case also has your country's National Investigative Agency (NIA) involved due to suspected links to banned Islamic groups.  Assuming a person could arrange such a marriage here in the PI, how would that be viewed/accepted back in India? 

Don't you also have to deal with the "Dharma Shastras"?  To this point, did you review the case involving Actor Sukanya, who married R. Sridharan, then applied for divorce.  Since the marriage took place with traditional Hindu customs at the Balaji temple in New Jersey, U.S. in April 2002 , was he still subject to Indian Hindu law?   

In this case it was ruled as settled law that in order to apply the provisions of the Hindu Marriage Act both parties must be ‘domiciles' of India and it was not enough that one of them alone was a domicile of the country.  Does this 100% relate to your question?  Perhaps not, but there remains an underlying issue of Indian acceptance of a Hindu in a non-Hindu marriage performed outside of your country.

Here is an important fact you will need to explore to see how it could fit in your desired marriage:
"The Marriage which was solemnized and registered in any foreign country between two Indians (whether or not either of them has NRI status or not is immaterial here) can not give jurisdiction to Indian court unless and un-till the foreign marriage was duly Registered under the Foreign Marriage Act, 1969 in any of the foreign country (before the Indian High Commission and or before the Indian Consulate Generals Office as the case is) OR was certified under the Act in that foreign country where it was solemnized OR the marriage was got registered in India by the parties either under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 or any other Matrimonial enactment made for the registration of the marriage."
Source:  https://www.quora.com/Are-marriages-reg … d-in-india

If you as an Indian citizen can't have a legal marriage to a Muslim, how can the marriage in the Philippines be legit?

Best wishes on this complex issue.

If you dont want to see surprises lateror you want peace then don't go for marriage from here,

If you dont want to see surprises later and you want peace then don't go for marriage from here, use your mind to this issue and not your emotions.