Expat and us citizen thinking about retiring in england

My husband is a UK citizen (legal resident here in US) and I'm a US citizen. We've lived in us for 25 years and looking at retirement in about 15 years and thinking of retiring to England. He was born and raised in southern England, but never worked there. Wondering if anyone has advice on moving back after all these years. My biggest concerns are social security here we've paid into our entire working lives and Medicare benefits. Not sure if we could afford living over there paying into health insurance and not sure if we can get the social security from here. Thanks

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Assuming your husband has maintained his UK citizenship and still has a UK passport, then it's no problem for him to return to live in the UK.

For yourself, you need to apply for a UK Family Visa, the details are on the UK Gov website; this link will take you there.

Most NHS (Healthcare) services are free to people who are "ordinarily resident" in the UK, there may be a short period where you will have to pay a contribution towards your NHS cover; this link explains it.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team