Suggestions required for good International schools near South Jakarta

Hello All,

I have moved to Jakarta recently and soon my family would move to Jakarta and thus, need your help with suggestions for good International school for Expat kids. Need budget-friendly good curriculum and teaching schools.

Please share your views on the following schools:-

1) Cikal Academy

2) ACS

3) Mentari

4) Royal Primary Academy

Thank you for your help.

Warm Regards,

PS

The only one I'm familiar with is Mentari in Bintaro.
It's a well laid out school with a very good reputation. The teachers I met were either fully qualified expats or locals with very nice English skills.
I visited several times but not for more than an hour or two on each occasion but these brief visits suggested the claims on their site are accurate.

Thank you for your kind response and help Fred. Good to know that you have been there and interacted with the staff. Bintaro is quite far from Fatmawati area. I see that there is also one Mentari Intercultural school in Cipete Utara South Jakarta which is comparatively quite near. Are both these Mentari in Bintaro and Cipete Utara part of the same group? Can I explore Cipete campus instead of Bintaro? What do you suggest? And any idea about the fees structure for 6th grade?

I have never visited that school so I'm unable to comment. Sorry.

Mentari International School Jakarta (Cipete)

http://mis.sch.id/web/welcome.html

You should be aware that International schools are no longer allowed to be called International schools in Indonesia because the government of Indonesia decided that all International schools had to remove the word "international" from their name. I very weird and backward step in my opinion, but hey, this is Indonesia. All International Schools have changed the word form "International" to usually "Independent". Some changed it to "Intercultural". That way, the abbreviated name doesn't need to be changed. This was a bad move in my opinion.***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Irrelevant
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Ok Abdul.. suggestions please

Warm Regards,

PS

Suggestions? Obviously it is to choose the closest one to where you live. Choose the one with a Cambridge system and one that allows any religion. That's all. You should know that even if you put your children in a lousy school, if they are smart and have ability then they will succeed. Lots of local children go to the lowest government schools and end up with impressive qualifications and successful careers because they study hard and have ability.