Reliable taxi company

Hello everyone I am on vacation in Santo Domingo, my family is local but has become super paranoid with the recent rise in crime and only trust one person as their can driver. The cab driver is a wonderful man however he drives a true old school chatarra that has no a/c and sounds like it's going to fall apart on every bump and hole.
Does anyone have any good recommendation for taxi companies that don't charge an arm and a leg and are reliable and trustworthy-ish? Granted I realize there is no guarantee but I would like to find a company I could call on to get us around so I can show my younger first gen US born brother before we fly back home.

I always use transfers.do - usually for airport runs, but they might do local trips as well.

Thanks I'll try them out.

The "ish" on trustworthy is a give-away to scamers. Stick with whom you know.A?C is not the end-all you know. A cluncker is OK. If it breaks down, the driver will know how to get you to where you are going & back.It may not be as comfortable as you may like, but you trust him. hell, life here is an adventure no matter how you look at it, however, to each his own.

Yeah except I get serious heat rash and also the cab driver my family trusts is often busy, with the needs of the family to and from works and schools as well as other errands.
Besides I'm on vacation not deployed so I don't feel ashamed to have such things as A/C a requirement for my means of transportation.

I use Uber when needed in SD without issue. Always a nice vehicle with AC.

You are right. On vacation, get what makes you happy.Who nows? Mabe somday you will live here. Let us know how everything is going during your stay.

I always use Uber where ever possible. You always have a record of the driver. No hidden charges.

And you can set up your credit card to work automatically, no cash or change issues.