Living in rural/blad areas

Hi/Salaam

Does anyone live in the rural areas of morocco? if so how is it?

Hi Mimwha
I have the same question. I currently live in Ecuador but am considering traveling to Morocco with the possibility  of living there.  Hopefully someone  here will be able to help us.

Regards

Rural areas are cheap, some are safer than others.
rural ares real estate laws could be confusing to foreigners at times.
If you decide to buy in rural area, you may end up getting a place without a Title (Titre foncier), just make sure you do you r research

I live in a fairly rural area and I've been here 4 years. I love it, but I'm married to a local. Where I live most people speak (Tamazight) and Darija.
I love the peace and quiet, the laid-back lifestyle, the friendliness of the people.
But some things just aren't available here, and so necessitate either a drive to a big city (Marrakech is about 6 hours from here by car):/some foods,  some decor, etc. And some things I order online: fabric, beads, etc.

Shak4969 & Capoppy55

Quick note to say thanks to both of you for the informative replies.

I have been in Ecuador for 4 years and Latin America for 16. Considering a different culture and place.

Again many thanks to you both.

Regards

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

My husband is from a smaller city in Morocco.  Things are cheaper, but at what cost to your sanity.  If you are from a smaller town/ rural area in your own country you will likely be better able to better deal with this type of situation in Morocco.  For me I am use to getting what I want whenever I need or want it any time of day or night.  Smaller places are also more likely to be more conservative from my experiences so everyone will be watching you as  you are the "new" person.  My husband had a hard time adjusting to the noise and traffic when moving to a larger city because it is not what he is use to.

Thank you fot all your replies and detailed inputs.
My husband is from Casablanca but we live in Europe. We are very minimalistic and live simply thats why id love to live a few years in a environment where its simple and away from the fast track life. Ive been to Merzouga and i loved it! But its different visiting and living a place. Any other details about the lifestyle in such places os appreciated, thanks again!