Legal services in Qatar

Hello,

Legal services can be a headache when you don't have the relevant and necessary information, especially upon moving to a new country. Please share some tips regarding legal services in Qatar.

What types of legal services might an expat need in Qatar?

Are legal services easily accessible?

What are the best ways to go about finding a professional for your legal needs in Qatar? (e.g. online, yellow pages, word of mouth)?

What are the most affordable options for legal services (private, public, etc.)? Is there a range regarding fees?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Legal services can be a headache when you don't have the relevant and necessary information, especially upon moving to a new country. Please share some tips regarding legal services in Qatar.

What types of legal services might an expat need in Qatar?

The labor cases services are the most important type especially when you didn't take your salary, my advice is don't waste your time and don't be patient if you didn't get your salary more than two months, go to labor committee and fill a case ,it will not take much time to get a judgment against your company .
Of course, if you have a business in Qatar you will need a lawyer to protect yourself from any legal issues may be happening in the future.

Are legal services easily accessible?

in 70 % of the labor cases you will not need a lawyer in the labor committee but if you fail you will need one in the appeal court.

If you have a business: you have to hire a lawyer.

What are the best ways to go about finding a professional for your legal needs in Qatar? (e.g. online, yellow pages, word of mouth)?

my recommendation is to ask a lawyer especially 90 % of the lawyers in Qatar doesn't take money for a consultation.

What are the most affordable options for legal services (private, public, etc.)? Is there a range regarding fees?

A lawyer like me will be ok :D

thanks
Mohamed kamal