Legal services in Indonesia

Hello,

Legal services can be a headache when you don't have the relevant and necessary information, especially upon moving to a new country. Please share some tips regarding legal services in Indonesia.

What types of legal services might an expat need in Indonesia?

Are legal services easily accessible?

What are the best ways to go about finding a professional for your legal needs in Indonesia? (e.g. online, yellow pages, word of mouth)?

What are the most affordable options for legal services (private, public, etc.)? Is there a range regarding fees?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

What is your problem Priscilla? I will send private message give you contact for my lawyer. She will surely be able to help you.

Hi expats,

Since 2006 I am living in Batam. My sponsor back then was MAS in Bali. MAS created my pass/kitas/blue book/papers/transport to and from hotel. In total I had to stay 2 times 3 weeks for issuing documents. The first 3 weeks for signing and making pass photo's etc and waiting for replay from Jakarta. The second 3 weeks for preparing the signed documents in the Netherlands consulate. Not a cheap solution. I was shocked the day I was confronted with that 'system'. It went wrong during the econonomic crash around 2010 when the euro plummeted from around 15'000 idr to around 10'000 idr. I was hoping that the embassy could help. There was an attaché that helped me to arrange that in the future I had only to stay for 2 days. Signing all the empty documents and taking the pictures and leave. Back then I had already left the hotel and stayd with people in Mengwi Bali that had an empty room, because I could not pay the hotel anymore. Nevertheless 30'000'000 for renewal/lengthen documents is very expensive when you have a foster family at home fully dependent on me. Then in 2013 I opted for a kitap for 5 years! But my 'sponsor' MAS in bali would not help me again now in 2018, but I was registered in: Dir. Sujana, Jalan Gunung Talang I/25. Badung - Bali. How can this happen? Now I am without a sponsor.
Thank you.
Best regards
AJager

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed, please register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Your account is very long and complicated. Actually, what is it that you are looking for? An agent?

Sponsor should be

1. indonesian
2.hrd if company sponsor to sign at your sponsorship letter.

I sent you pm,since your looking,

Can help.

Cheers,
Rick

New Kitas

Working visa (312)

Requirements:

RPTKA

1.       Surat Permohonan RPTKA dan Alasannya ( request letter and reason )

2.       Surat Ijin Usaha ( Business license / Permit )

3.       Akta Pendirian Badan Usaha dan SK pengesahan ( company Deeds and approval of Human Right Division )

4.       Surat Kuasa/Surat Tugas dengan ID pemberi dan penerima ( attorney letter with ID )

5.       Keterangan Domisili Usaha ( company Domicile )

6.       Wajib Lapor Ketenagakerjaan ( Wajib Lapor )

7.       Surat penunjukan tki pendamping ( letter Appointed Indonesian worker to work with foreigner )

8.       Struktur organisasi ( organization chart )

9.       NPWP dan TDP ( Tax Identification Number and company registration reference )

10.   Kontrak pekerjaan ( working Contract )

11.   Others if required .

IMTA

1.       Pas photo TKA ukuran 3x4 ( Foreign photo size 3x4 )

2.       Surat permohonan IMTA dari pimpinan perusahaan ( request letter from company with duty stamp and sign )

3.       Surat tugas dari perusahaan / surat kuasa bermaterai disertai KTP pemberi dan penerima kuasa ( attorney letter with duty stamp and sign from director attach ID )

4.       Form TA-2 / Form imta dengan Materai dan tanda tangan pimpinan ( IMTA Form with duty stamp and sign )

5.       Passport TKA ( Foreign Passport )

6.       Ijasah / Pendidikan Terakhir ( Diploma Certificate /transcript last education certificate,four years education,bs degree )

7.       Daftar Riwayat Hidup ( CV / Resume,stated five years experience)

8.       Surat pengalaman kerja / referensi minimal 5 tahun ( Reference letter from previous company min.5 years )

9.       Surat penunjukan beserta formulir pendampingan ( letter appointed to Indonesian worker to work with foreigner )

10.   Polis asuransi ( insurance policy )

11.   RPTKA yang masih berlaku ( valid RPTKA )

12.   Draft / perjanjian kerja  penggunaan TKA ( working contract )

Vitas

1.       Surat permohonan ( request Letter )

2.       Surat pernjaminan bermaterai ( Guarantor Letter with duty stamp )

3.       Fotokopy KTP penjamin ( ID Photocopy )

4.       Surat keterangan Domisili Pemohon ( foreign domicile )

5.       Passport kebangsaan yang masih berlaku minimal 2 tahun ( valid Passport min. 2 years )

6.       Fotokopy buku tabungan ( bukti mampu membiayai hidup ) Minimal 1500 USD ( copy of bank statement, Min 1500 USD or rp 20 million rupiah on bank account of employer )

7.       Fotokopy RPTKA, dan IMTA yang masih berlaku ( photocopy Valid RPTKA and IMTA )

8.       Two Indonesian KTP plus 2 indonesian photo,passport size, to process imta

3-4 months process as per immigration or earlier if all requirements are ready.

cheers,
rick

Thanks for that excellent and informative information Ricardo. Appreciate it.

Hi,

I'd like to know where I can find a reliable syariah legal aid/consultant in indonesia. My issue is that I'm a non muslim foreigner and I had a nikah siri with a muslim indonesian woman. However,  we had agreed to part ways now. Now I am told that I'm technically a muslim even though I didn't convert.  Is there anything I can do to convert out? Thank you..

If you married in a Muslim ceremony, you repeated the declaration of faith so you're Muslim.
However, if you have no ties here and intend to leave the country, it hardly matters so you need do mothing

Yeah.. That's what I've been told.. But I'm still kind of worried about it and need to know if there needs to be any paperworks done to confirm that I've converted out of the religion.

No paperwork to get in, so forget it.
Also, if you try it in Indonesia, you'll find yourself will issues you may very well not like.
Take my advice and forget it.