Surname missing in Passport. (Bahrain)

Hello Everyone,

I have recently moved to Bahrain from KSA and got a CPR , but within a month I have moved to a different company and they are applying a visa for me.

The HR of the new company asked me if my surname would be an issue for visa approval

My name "ABCD EFGH IJKL MNOP"  is mentioned completely in the "Given Name" field as " ABCD EFGH IJKL MNOP" and the Surname field seems to be blank.

1) will this be an issue for issuing a new visa? As It wasn't an issue for my last visa which was approved on 15/06/2018.

2) Will my name be treated as " ABCD EFGH IJKL MNOP" Son of " My father's name"?

I heard the new rule of surnames missing are applied only for people with initials in their names and not the ones with full names ,is it true ?

3) if my visa won't get approved what should I do /?

Thanks

Surprised that the HR is asking the question to you, when they should be the one who should be aware about it. I don't think there should be any issues i know people who dont have a surname in their passport.

T&R

By the way, I have some bad news for you.  Since the beginning of this week, when an employer logs into EMS (The LMRA system for visas), this message has started appearing on the login page:

"Dear Valued Clients: Kindly note that commencing from date, it will be mandatory to have the First name and Family name or First Name and Fathers Name present in the first page of the Passport in order to issue a work or dependent permit. Passports with One name only on the first page will not be accepted"

If your visa is not approved then you have to change / correct your passport to reflect as per the above.  This seems to be affecting people who have new visas i.e. either coming into the Kingdom or changing employers.

Did you get your visa renewed  without a surname or you had to change the passport to add a surname? Please reply

I dont have a surname mentioned in passport and i have had no issues with visa renewals.

Yep renewals does not seem to have an issue. Only new visas.

I'm right now in investor visa. And I'm looking forward to renew my visa. I have the whole of my name ABC XYZ MNO is the given name coloumn and my surname coloumn is empty.
WilI I have to take a new passport(to insert a surname) before I can renew my visa?
All helpful replies are much appreciated. Thanks.

I believe all necessary replies have been given above.

plz can  any one guide me i applied 4 times evisa for bahrain but every time rejected r they r saying name issue im sooo confused i enterd surname on form but they rejected again n again plz guide me

In order you to help , can you share the name as in passport and how you entered it in online application ?

Hello Everyone, Sorry for the really late reply.

My issue was solved even though both my first name and the surname was given in the first name, the reason being my name has IBN as a middle name, ie "ABCD IBN/BIN/BINTH EFGH" in your first name is accepted in Bahrain.

This issue is prevalent in most cases of expats holding Indian passports which were issued in the last decade. The best thing to do will be changing your name accordingly.

First Name column should have your first name and Surname should be in the next column, this has been an issue even while you apply for a visa to the West (Europe/US).

Hope this helps.

Dear sir applied Bahrain visa my passport name in only one name no given name plz reply me

Your issue has already been addressed in commends above.  Read.