Moving to BGC

I'm African-American/panamanian mix from the US. I currently live in Silicon Valley but am strongly considering an opportunity in the Philippines. Would love to hear more about your experiences.

Hi there,

I'm a single male originally from the US, 31 years old, working in the tech space for the past 10+ years. I'll be moving to BGC in Metro Manila in October and I'm interested in learning more about the social scene and culture there, and making new friends. I'm looking to make some new friends who are smart, cultured, open-minded, and fun people who enjoy going out for a meal/drink after work, seeing events, enjoying the arts, and sports. I'm excited to get to know the locals and gain from their perspective on life in the Philippines, but I would also be interested in touching base with other expats. It would be great to have a wingman to go out with from time to time and meet other singles, or a buddy to play some video games with like back at home.

Any recommendations for how a complete newbie to BGC should get the social engine started?

Hi there,

I'm an Indonesian expat who has been living in BGC for the past year, gonna be here for another year or so. I think you're not gonna have any problems adjusting to BGC.  It is a small area modelled after an American city with numbered street names like 4th ave, 5th avenue and so on.  You can actually explore the whole neighbourhood easily within one day on foot!  As to social places, there are plenty of restaurants, bars, yoga studios and gyms in the area.  It is neighbouring the old-school business centre Makati.

Hope this gives you a general feel of what the area is like!

-Andy

I hope you are enjoying your stay at BGC. You're lucky to be in a place where everything is within reach. Once you are settled, I hope you find time exploring nearby towns outside the Metro. Let me know if there is anything i can help. Keep in touch.