Marriage in Morocco - Criminal Record

I would like to Marry a Moroccan girl and I am from the UK, my understanding is that as part of the process I will need a police certificate to show that I do not have a criminal record. Does anyone know if any record at all will prevent the approval of the marriage or if it is minor and a long time ago can it still be accepted? I have a record for a public order offence from 16 years ago, my understanding is that this will not even show on the police certificate however the comment stated on the certificate will indicate that an old record is held. As it will show "No live trace" rather than "No trace" if no record was held.

Thanks

Hello there.
There should be no problem as a friend of mine a British Citizen had a criminal record also but that was 9 years ago.( I cant tell what was it for thb  ) It didn't show up on her certificate. And nobody even noticed the "no live trace". It basically just to show you don't have currently any cases held against you etc.  I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about.

Hello. I have something on my criminal repord. Can you help me please. I need to be sure before go to Morocco. Can I marry or not? I read your comment but ı want to talk about this again. If you help mw ı will be pleasure.

Good questions guys, what offences will prevent you marrying a Moroccan apart from the obvious ones? 

@srichar3 It might not show up on on your background record, but it will be on your record. But if you commit another crime, it will no longer be hidden on your background check record. You'll need to check into that more.

@Abdullah89Altun It depends on what you did.

@srichar3 
Hello and congratulations on your relationship. You will do a fingerprint, criminal background check from your place of residence, and from here in Morocco you will get it translated. And apply for the police a report for that city. The embassy in Morocco do not do finger printing ,have all your documents in order,if you can.. Good luck
Hi people i had a caution (warning,) on my records which is nearly 14 years ago all charges were dropped ,what i want to know will it effect me in Morocco if i want to get married in Morocco i am currently engaged and going with fiance visa instead of spouse visa but just say if i was to go ahead with spouse visa and caution showing up on police certificate will it effect me however i have asked a lawyer and was told that caution is just a warning nothing to worry about but i want to know from peoples experience and i am really stressed out .

@sirajshah6666 Your lawyer is correct. It's just a warning and it happened 14 yrs ago. Don't worry about it.